Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, thank you for letting me join. Just wanted to say hi before i started abusing the wealth of knowledge on here. currently own a 2006 1.6 which has a few issues that im trying to figure out before i decide to scrap it ?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Like me you are in two minds about scrapping your car or not,if i had some spare cash then mine would have been gone two months ago.
Hopefully someone can help you with any issues you have and keep you motoring for a while yet.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Lewis,
Welcome to the forum.
You have to ask yourself "Is it worth chasing bad money with good". Your Note is 13 years old, it's no spring chicken, if the engine uses no oil, gives reasonable mileage to the gallon, it's got a long MOT, it will be cheap motoring, if you do your own maintenance, and the parts come to about £200+ per year, it's still cheap motoring.
The thing is you don't actually say what the few issues you have, if you should scrap it or spend a few quid on it. If your having problems with the radio, there have been many posts on that, their not the best on the market. If your getting water leakage in the front, get the screen removed and resealed. 99% of problems have been covered in the forum over the years!
Have you got yourself a Haynes Workshop Manual @ £12.99 from eBay or any good bookstore.
It's a mine of information!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its actually the wifes car. The current problem im chasing is an electrical issue. Its draining the battery over night ( new battery) plus it needs another set of rear wheel bearings and probably a clutch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Make sure the boot light goes out when you lock the doors. Take out the parcel shelf to see if the light goes off.

As for the rear wheel bearings, they will cost £50 each plus £60+ to change from a garage. The clutch will be £137 or £150 for the clutch itself, if you buying it yourself, and probably at least £100 to fit. These prices are from GSF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great. Im going to do the wheel bearings my self ( again ) i need to find out why it keeps eating them. This is its 3rd set. The electrical problem i think is the stereo. I pulled the fuse to it and its been fine so fingers crossed its that??

·
Registered
295 Posts
Have you had your alignment checked? How are your tyres? You need to get a 4 wheel laser alignment done to check the car's geometry. Make sure your rear shocks and springs are ok too.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Great. Im going to do the wheel bearings my self ( again ) i need to find out why it keeps eating them. This is its 3rd set. The electrical problem i think is the stereo. I pulled the fuse to it and its been fine so fingers crossed its that??

How did you come to the fact, it's your stereo that's draining the battery in the first place?
But I did say that the stereo's are not the best in the world.

As for the car eating the rear bearings, do you put plenty of grease around them when fitting?
Your looking at spending £500 - £700 to get it running, including the stereo, if that's all it needs, once paid out cheap motoring for the rest of the year.

·
Super Moderator
1,829 Posts
If you can cure your problems for under £1000, it'll be worth it. What else would you buy for £1000, and hoping that won't fall apart.

Trading it in isn't worth doing, as the trade in value will go on the car you may buy.

Better the devil you know...........!!:wink::smile:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts