Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all great site !! im looking at buying a note next month and i'm after some info ,the car i'm after is a 08 plate acenta ( or above) 1.5 diesel can anyone give me some buying advise, things like when the cam belt should be changed etccheers

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Great fuel economy from the diesel, and really a good buy if doing a lot of mileage. The diesel is not recommended if you do just do very short runs all the time........and if it's fitted with a DPF(dust particulate filter).

DPF need a level of mileage to keep them clear and clean. And some runs driving over 37 mph.

Slightly noisier than petrol models, as you may already know. No real big difference in performance(acceleration and top speed).

Good quality fuel and engine oil(when serviced), keeps it running sweet.

Check it's service history, and try and contact the previous owner if buying from a dealer. IF you don't know anything about cars, have a mechanic look over it, or someone with good knowledge.(This applies to any car you buy). Look underneath, and not just at the shiny bits.

Take it for a good test drive, at least 10 - 15 miles, and give it a little bit of welly. Listen for any wierd noises. Keep the radio off, but make sure it all works.

If it's from a main Nissan dealer, you should be Ok.

Apart from that, they're brill. Mine is just over 2 years old, and no regrets buying it.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Cam belt and auxilliary drive belt change is 72000 miles or five years IIRC.

Get them to do it before you buy and save yourself a bill next year.

PS Welcome to the forum.
Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nigel B said:
Cam belt and auxilliary drive belt change is 72000 miles or five years IIRC.

Get them to do it before you buy and save yourself a bill next year.

PS Welcome to the forum.
where you get 72000 miles from, the manual, dealer and other sources state that you need change cam belt after 75 000 miles

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Typo! Should be 75000 but definitely a five year max.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts