Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another new member!! Only about 3 miles away from the factory...

I have 2 Notes - 06 Reg both 1.4 SE, bought together - a copper one (mine) with 113000 miles and a yellow one (missus) with 22000 miles. When mine finally pegs it I will be inheriting the yellow one!

Both have been rock solid reliability wise. I have an iffy tailgate lock, and had to replace the heater blower last year, and thats about it.

I've swapped out my stereo, which is very basic with a £50 bluetooth unit from Aldi which works great. Lost the steering wheel controls, but discovered a hack to get the computer Info button to work again :) If anyone is interested I can post details.

Preaching to the converted here, but they are great cars with bags of space.,

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Welcome, and can you please post how you fixed the info button?

I'm thinking of swapping my stereo for the one I took out of my old car. I didn't expect the radio controls to work, but I thought the info button would.

Just need to figure out how to mount it, and fill in the extra hole.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi

Took a couple of days as I could't remember (or find the details) and needed to drop the stereo out to grab a photo.

I have added a post to the howto section.

Have you swapped the stereo yet - Do you know what needs to be done?

There are 2 screws in the top compartment with the flap, and two more on the underside above the heating controls, under a removeable cover. Take them out and then the whole console pulls out and away.

Gaz

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Thanks,

I haven't got round to it yet, I think it is a Big Job as I
believe that Nissan couldn't be bothered with this DIN standard
nonsense, and went and mounted the radio to the back of the console with
a pair of £500 fishplates, so I will have to fabricate something.

Or is there a cheap standard adaptor to go from the big hole to a single DIN radio?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Nissan radio is either single din or a double din - Mine is a 2006 SE originally with the CD/Radio - which is a single DIN unit.

swapped perfectly with a £50 unit from Aldi which has Aux-in, Bluetooth, USB, and SD card.

Not a large job at all, took me less than 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Just been outside and undone the screws. As I suspected, the double DIN sized unit is bolted to the plastic front panel, not attached to the car, there is no E mount type cage, so it is a big job to change.

Ho hum

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you check on the sides, when you removed the whole unit containing the audio & vents?

For my single din unit, the procedure was to:
Remove the 4 screws holding the audio/vents/top compartment unit
Remove unit (carefully) & unplug connectors and antenna lead from Audio.
On my single din unit, the audio unit is bolted on each side (behind the fascia) to the unit - remove them.
Slide audio unit out & slide replacement in.

My replacement unit did not need any cage, it just slid in and bolted though the same holes using the same screws as the original Nissan unit.

Can you post a photo of the side of the whole unit once removed?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I didn't pull the panel right out, something is holding it at the windscreen end, might just need more pull, but I'm not sure I have the radio code, so If I manage to disconnect the radio snatching the panel out and the numbers scribbled in the handbook don't work, I will be stuck and end up waiting for the log book to turn up to take to Nissan to get the code....

(Yes the VIN number should be enough, but I would expect they want to see the registration document before they hand over the code in case I stole the radio)

It is a job for later in the year, I will get a blanking panel first to go from single to double DIN.

Thanks for the advice though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts