Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just thought id pop by and say hi.

I got my note just after xmas after my pug207 became to expensive to keep (seriously ive replaced all the injectors twice, the exhaust system twice and god only knows how meny tyres in the 8 years i had it) so i wanted something more reileable and since my partner has a toyota yaris which hasnt given her any trouble at all in the same amout of time (we got our cars togetha) i desided to start looking jap...

to be honist i didnt even think of the note until a recent hol to america where we drove the pacific coast hiway (san francisco to LA via hiway 1) we where due to get a ford focus but the one we where suppost to get didnt get returned on time so we got their version of the note e12 which to be honist i wasnt to keen on at first but i was amazed at the way the car swallowed 2 full sized cases and loads of hand luggage with ease and still had room left over for local shopping between stops. The ONLY downside was the automatic gear box that could not decide what gear it wanted, im not kidding we where driveing along at 50mph on a flat road and suddenly it dropped 2 gears and wouldnt change back up for a mile and a half, and for driveing in LA............... well lets just say i dont want to be baned just yet and leave it at that.

Anyhow the plus sides far outweighed the few negatives and so when i got home i took one of the uk spec (with a proper gearbox) for a spin and it was every bit as good if not better and started looking for one in the main dealers (here its benfield) and found a one year old second hand 1.5 accenta premium in black with the style pack that used to be a nissan exec car and only had 6k on the clock. SOLD!

I am totaly loveing it and even my partner has commented on how nice it is to be a passenger in, ive already started thinking of things to do with it as ive already got some decals on it (will upload a pic once i work out how to shrink it from 3Mb to the limit of 400Kb) and id like to replace the DRL with some LED's but am worryied about them not playing nice with the canbus system (the pug hated led's full stop), I have seen the posts on here about modding some led bulbs to fit but nothing was said about flickering when the engine is off or if resisters had to be fitted as i would like to avoid this as i dont want to damage the exsisting wireing altho i have seen some "extending cables with male to female plugs" on the e of bay if i do need to hack wires apart.

Did these bulbs ever work properly and has anyone put led bulbs in the curtacy lights in the cabin? (again the pug hated them).

Anyways im waffleing now so hello all and thank you in advance for all the help im sure you will be in my note ownership.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi AndyC, welcome to the forum
. Your introduction post is one of the best I've seen for a long time
.<div abp="1215">I purchased LED bulbs for the side lights, but they had a blue tinge to them, so I purchased some others that were white
. So the bluish ones got fitted inside the car, (the bluish ones came as a pack of 20, so I had plenty for the interior, and they work fine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phil T said:
Welcome.....& get some mudflaps

A very good call and one im already in process of looking at, is there any you would recommend? ive seen some of the offical ones on a nissan dealers ebay page but theres a note that hints they dont fit the style pack.

Silverhairs said:
Your introduction post is one of the best I've seen for a long time
Thank you sir :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
<div title="Pair Moulded Universal Fit Mud Flap Mudflaps Front or Rear to suit Nissan Models" class="img-wrap">

<div ="-shadow">
<div ="item-spec-r"><div ="item-spec item-title-wrap"><div ="vip item-title" itemprop="name">Pair Moulded Universal Fit Mud Flap Mudflaps Front or Rear to suit Nissan Models
<div ="vip item-title" itemprop="name">( 321947982907 )...
<div ="vip item-title" itemprop="name">You may be right about the fit!! Mine's the E11 model. You can cut these down..apparently ......I left mine...they're like something off a Landrover!!! but they don't half keep the muck off the side of the car& at £8.95p!!!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I remember years back, I made some mudflaps for one of my cars, got the insertion rubber from work, so that was free
. They were of a good size and kept all the muck off the car
. Until I reversed up a kerb, they got caught between the kerb and the tyre and ripped them both off. Well I did say they were of a good size
.Anyway cut them down a bit where the screws got ripped out, after that they were fine
With my old cars and only being an apprentice, having fashionable mudflaps didn't come into the equation

Getting back to the Nissan mudflaps, do the front ones also fit the rear on the E11

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow i forgot how long ago i joined, never did upload a photo so here go's...........

Sorry its a little fuzzy, still learning how to use my phones camera lol

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts