Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm Bill a retired postie from Stirling, Central Scotland. I'm currently on my 2nd note, it's a 60 plate, 1.5 Dci N-Tec in Black. My first note was an 06 1.4 in Blue. Great cars.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Bill,How do you find the 1.5 DCi against your 1.4 petrol?
I've had my 1.5DCi for two years, but when I purchased it I also tried the 1.6 petrol and found the diesel had more pulling power (once in the power band), and are you getting better fuel consumption?.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from bill i find the 1.5 dci has mote torque than the petrol engine am getting 54 to 56 mpg around town also has cruise control great on long journeys bags of room with back seat down swallows lots of cargo. car always seems bigger inside than it looks from outside '' a car of note:
new to this internet lark so excuse the typing cheers bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
hello Bill,

My name is Robert and i have just joined the club. It has already been of benefit to me and given me some advice on where to use a trolly jack, getting a manual. I have a silver note 1.5 dci se 2006, had it from new and it has really served me well. Have been travelling back and forth to spain over the years, not a sign of any trouble and very economical as well as being a good transporter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,
I have 1.5 dci Note bought new late sept 2011. On a recent ~160 mile drive across m62, up m1 &a19 it averaged 69.5mpg. It had recently been serviced with oil change, oil filter change and air filter change. It was upto 70.5mpg but the last few miles into Gateshead with traffic lights dropped it down. The very long 50mph average speed cameras between Huddersfield and the m1helped get it up but otherwise close to national speed limit. Usually I get low to mid sixties mpg on run like this.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Bernard,
That's a good average for MPG. I always start off with good intentions of getting good MPG but soon start to push on a little causing the MPG to drop a bit, mind you, on my long runs I'm going to my daughters and I'm fully loaded
. My best is 67 MPG, at that rate why would anybody want to buy a hybrid car, when you have to pay each month for the hire of the batteries, Beats me, then you also have to pay to charge the batteries and put fuel in?

I have another posting about using 2T oil in the diesel, this helps to lubricate the pump, it makes the engine run smoother, also better MPG.
Can I also say "HI" to Robert and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello Bill

I'm new here too. We've just collected our first Note last Friday

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi Cornish Lass,
Welcome to the Nissan Note forum, If at any time you need some help or advice about your Note,
this is the place to be. Enjoy your Note.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts