Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello to all ..im in harlow essex..just picking up my 11 reg 1.6 n tec in grey sat/sun this week..only 4000 miles £8500..very impressed..as im a ford man through & through..saw it in bishops stortford while in town for a few beers & a curry..& thought mmm..it was up for £10000..twin tow bar,mats & flaps tax & free servicing pack & extra warranty all chucked in for free..getting rid of my 2l tdci 140 bhp ghia c max though..04 reg lots of electrical issues,egr valve,diesel injectors,pah...its got to go..100,000 miles..so its getting tired..only bought it a6 monthes ago but all under warranty..£2000 so far..test drove a 1.4..n tec..not for us..a bit weedy..1.6 best for us..as diesel same year 11,000 miles was £2000 more..ive had 3 diesels now all headache..pug 207 1.6 hdi 110 sport..08 reg,ecu &1500..2x injectors & egr valve £1500..nah no more diesels thanks..dirty smelly things..any way always up for a few beers /curry,s etc..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Jim, that's a very good deal you got there! Welcome! I'm in Basildon, not too far from you

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
hi Jimmy, and welcome. I've got the diesel version.

The diesel is not as bad as you think though, and I've had few oil burners myself. Hope you enjoy the Note, great motor.

The only real downside with the 1.6, is changing the sparkies, as I can see.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
many thanks re the warm welcome gents..re the diesels..i test drove a 11 reg 1.5 dci with only 5000 miles ..not impressed overall..all bottom end.. up to 3000rpm..but just my own conclusion & opinion..no offence intended but at £30 tax & good mpg i can see why..i,l keep my 1.6 petrol..thanks....re my c max just found out today in chelmsford that it now it has no power at 1800rpm..as you change up ..off roundabouts in first gear etc..it surges & nosedives..no issues with any other gears or rev range had a look tonight..it rattles off all four injectors at 1800 revs..its going wednesday..& its now parked up ready to get traded out to auction id imagine by the dealer...happy days..just saw my car today again..with its tow bar fitted..any other members have a towbar..ie single or double socket fitted?? ive a little erde 6x4 ft trailer for the dump..& ive some roofbars on order for my 500l roofbox..looking to buy a little caravan for it next year..any idea of the gross train weight gents??? cant weight..

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Yep.....I've had a tow bar fitted, single socket. 8ft x 4ft low sided trailer.

I think max towing weight is around 750Kg(braked), for a caravan. So I assume that's the same for the trailer + load.
I will admit to pulling more than that though, just the once.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Jimmy and welcome.
After many years of good diesel service......my last new diesel with DPF expired in a grand manner as it got to 8000 miles....lucky for me the bits got repaired under warranty but it never felt the same again, so.... I went to a Note N-Tec+ petrol 1.4... I'm over the moon with it I can tell you that and so smooth too.....and it sure is economic.... I wouldn't go back toa newer dieselswith their DPF's & £30 pa road fund tax.... No Way!!!.... my day to day running is not enough to regenerate the DPF's...which was made quite obvious from my recent very bad experience.

It's when you come to think of the car out of warranty....YOU will be the one to pay out for the problems... when I picked my repaired car up (not a Nissan BTW) there was a guy there with a 4 x4 out of warranty with a DPF gone...£2800 he was quoted just for the DPF alone...fitting was extra.....

Enjoy your Note.... great little motor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jimmy...

Caravans........ I don't know how many of you there are to sleep in the caravan....have you looked at Eriba Puck ???? superb if you can find one, you won't need a stabiliser.....you won't need extended mirrors.... I towed one years ago..super luxury little caravan, the importer used to be in Lechlade and he also had an agent in Glemsford,Suffolk.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW..WHAT GREAT INFORMATIVE REPLYS...IM GLAD I JOINED..YES IVE HAD VERY BAD EXPERIANCES WITH DIESEL CARS VARYING IN SIZE FROM 1.4 TDI ,1.6 HDI & 2L TDCI UNITS..IVE SPOKE TO A FEW MAIN DEALERS DURING MY TIME.& COME TO THE PRETTY OBVIOUS CONCLUSION THAT 1.UNLESS YOU DO BIG MILES SAY MIN 20 MILES EACH WAY ON YOUR COMMUTE OR MORE & LET THE CAR "WARM UP" EG THE DPF & EGR VALVE..TO BURN OFF THE VARIOUS CARBON & OTHER NASTY GASES..ITS A WASTE OF TIME..2. THEY ARE BRILLIANT WHEN THEY ARE WORKING BUT WHEN THEY GO WRONG....OUCH!!!! THIS CAN BE SAID FOR PRETTY MUCH ALL CARS...BUT IM DONE WITH DIESELS..AS MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY..I FOUND THE 1.4 PETROL A BIT WEEDY..THE WIFE JUST NEEDED A "BIT MORE" WHEN COMING OFF ROUNDABOUTS ETC..HENCE MY CHOICE OF A 1.6 PETROL..IT FITS THE BILL NICELY..PERSONEL PREFERANCE THOUGH ONCE AGAIN..MY WIFES "COMMUTE" CONSISTED OF A 2 MILE TRIP TO THE KIDS SCHOOL ..SWITCH OFF..THEN START UP & A MILE RUN TO MY WIFES WORK..START UP 8 HRS LATER..& REVERSE THE ROUTE SHOPPING ETC ..KIDS CLUB MY DAUGHTERS BALLET & DANCE CLUB..SONS FOOTBALL & KARATE ETC..ALL VERY SHORT TRIPS WITH MAX TOTAL MILEAGE OF 200 MILES PER WEEK..THE CAR HARDLY GETS WARM..ITS NOT DOING IT ANY GOOD..MY WIFE HAS DONE SAME THIS COMMUTE FOR AROUND 8/9 YEARS..& HAVE HAD VARIOUS CARS BOTH PETROL & DIESELS SO I CAN MAKE A FAIR COMPARRISON..I RIDE A MOTORBIKE SO ITS THE WIFES LITTLE "SHOPPING TROLLEY"..IN THIS CASE THE PETROL WINS EVERY TIME..IVE HAD £300 ROVER 214 SEI,S ..£500 VAUXHALL ASTRAS ETC& NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS..EVEN IN THE DEPTH OF WINTER..SO ITS COST ME AROUND £20,000 IN USED CARS OVER THE 8/9 YEARS..BE WARNED DIESELS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR LONGER TRIPS..MANY THANKS JIM!!I CANT WAIT TO PICK UP MY GREY "FROG "AS MY 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER HAS CALLED IT..IVE ONLY SHOWED HER THE PICTURES ..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jim it sounds like your wife does the same trips as mine and your kids go to the same clubs as mine. My wife has the 1.6 auto Tekna, what can I say I'm a big fan of these cars and the 1.6 Note is a great little car and the engine is very reliable. Seems like we might be losing ours though as my dads 53 plate 1.2 easytronic Corsa has an acutator problem on the gearbox. He has had use of my wife's Note for the last two days and is demanding we let him have it. I've agreed a price of £4000 and its in showroom condition inside and out with 35k on the clock, he is well happy as he knows its well priced compared to ones on Autotrader and ebay and we paid £5000 in Feb 2011 so everyone is happy. My wifes Note has FSH and one previous motability owner prior to us, it covered 3000 miles in the last 11 months and was MOT d three weeks ago and serviced. It also has a £42 K & N panel filter fitted by me August 2011 not for performance but just to save £ at servicing time. My old man thinks he is "King Dick" in the Note as its full auto, half leather, 6 cd, rear/front armrest etc so compared to his Corsa "life" its pure luxury.
The Corsa can be compared to a tin can so I'm happy that when my mum and dad have the kids they will be safer in our Note which I am glad is staying in the family.
Enjoy the "grey frog" and stay on the forum as its excellent!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
exactly...just as i thought..i understand where the old man is coming from..i actually bought ie left a £500 deposit on a new 62 reg 5 door blue acenta nissan micra..i had origionally wanted a little auto..but the waiting time was too long at feb 2013 so had to do with a manual box..& my 04 ford c max as previously mentioned is as good as scrap..i imagine that my car in my spec & colour with an auto box would have been perfect & is only £40 extra on the tax..he is getting a good deal..ie he knows the car & he isnt buying blind..as you wouldent sell him a "pig"..compared to the corsa its a rolls royce..before buying my micra/note..i test drove the following..1.10 reg 5 door blk 1.2s vw polo,13,000 miles..not bad but nice looking basic spec..but bland..2.62 reg hyaundai 1 20..very nice at £10,889..not bad & lastly a 62 reg fiesta 1.25 zetec at £12,500 & corsa 1.4 sxi 60 reg £9000 all petrols..there wasnt even a second thought re the note v all the rest..not only am i getting a 1 year old car with great spec,colour,tax .towbar,mud flaps,mats, service plan & 2 year warranty..but its only got 4,500 miles & all this for £8,000..it was up for £9,500 & is still on glyn hopkins website still at bishops stortford..it was a no brainer.. i got this special deal only because the dealer had sold me the new micra..but i only discovered it wouldent take a tow bar. nissan uk confirmed this via the telephone the next day..he needed a sale & was extremly worried i was going to grass him up to nissan uk..if i walked away & bought the fiesta,polo or the i 20..& rang nissan im sure he would have got the sack..i & my wife were well peeved off..& i made sure he knew it..just for the record im scottish & dont like being royally "bent over" excuse the pun...i made him sweat & went in for the kill..im bet when he went home he put a bit of led zep /pink floyd on ..switched on the lava lamp got the big bean bag out had a big joint & a few cans of carlsberg export..
or is that just me!!!
i pick it up tues/wed..only after i kindly reminded him i needed a twin socket tow bar as he had fitted a single socket fitted..."doh"..he didnt know where to look..!& when that was getting done ..he could fit my witter 4 bike cycle carrier..brackett at the same time..oh how i did laugh..inside of course..as i had my pissed off face on..it adds to the effect.....i like to turn the screw you know..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Its nuts with my wife's car Iv'e handed the car over to my Dad with a full (brimmed) tank of unleaded, a £12.50 tin of BG44K fuel additive in the tank and on the morning he had it off me I valeted it giving the leather a feed on the seats, topped up washer bottle, replaced a brake light bulb & it had a fresh MOT and service three weeks ago. Its ever likely he drove off with a smile on his face and is now demanding that we part with our beloved car for the paltry sum of £4000! Just trying to source a Zafira 1.9 diesel automatic on a 59 or 10 plate with less than 17 or 18 k on the clock now for as cheap as I can get and am willing to travel. Just to give an idea of what the Zafira diesel autos are going for I've spotted a 59 plate 10,000 miler for £8000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts