Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just want to give a bit of info on my wifes 1.6 Note Tekna automatic, its got about 34000 on the clock, FSH and i must say its not been serviced at Nissan other than when it was a mobility car just prior to our purchase at 28500 miles. Since purchase its used every day for short trips, is very well looked after and has been serviced by a trusted mechanic using parts that I source myself from Eurocarparts. Last serviced August 2011 with Bosch oil filter and Valvoline oil and my mechanic charges me a tenner for doing the job including getting rid of the oil and filter and I watch him do the job (he also stamps the service history & notes the parts used). The oil is still fresh and clean although its getting a service again in August to keep it spot on. Forgot to say also put a K & N panel air filter in last year (cost £42 & took me a couple of minutes) no extra power but thought it might help with economy. I've just done the pollen filter which is a very easy job and noted the date in my service book & kept the receipts etc. Had no trouble with the car at all, uses no oil, next jobs planned is the oil & filter & may consider some spark plugs but I see the iridium ones are very pricey so not sure what to use yet. Eurocarparts specify Denso but around £20 each.Went for a rear wiper blade recently at Eurocarparts and got the rubber replacement blade for just over £1, took around 5 minutes to do the job. This car has been a great little car, no issues at all, have owned since Feb 2011. The only problem on my wifes acr is the alloys seems to be a little fragile with some corrosion on the front ones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate, just getting my head around the forum, some interesting stuff, faults etc.... Ours has been good to date, just a bit crap on fuel, im even considering lpg conversion!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The auto is very poor on fuel around town, it needs to go fast enough to get into 4th gear and lock up to become fuel efficient. Mine will easily top 40mpg on a run, lucky to break 30 around town.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep agree with you there, i can get about 32-34 around town, my wife about 27 on a good day but as you say 40 mpg on a run is easily done. Great cars though, we have four kids aged 8, 7, 5 & six months old and the car is prefect for my wife & kids along with pushchair. We of course also have a 7 seater which is way better mpg than the note. One thing i do think about the Note is that they are amazing value & are overlooked. The tekna with leather is very special. Had ours since Feb 2011 & its been perfect with very little money having to be spent, the 1.6 with auto is great combination. Wont be changing any time soon and will replace with another. 10 OUT OF 10. Paid 5k with 28500miles with FSH on 57 plate. A similar Corsa 5 door auto would have been 6.5 -7k.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The Corsa also has the easytronic gearbox, which is not as nice to drive as the Note. It will return more mpg though.

The Tekna is very well specc'd for the money, that is what attracted me to it, the spec and the torque converter.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife had the 1.4 fully auto 5 door Corsa life prior to the Nissan Note. The Corsa was an 07 plate and the Note in every department beat it hands down. The Corsa was bought for my wife to learn to drive in (auto only) and was underpowered (my wifes words), the Corsa was very cramped inside and the Note easily fits my two sons and a baby carrier across the back seat. The spec on the Note is huge as you know and the Corsa was very basic. The tax on the Note is pricey though.Must say Ive not got bored with driving the Note after 16 months, always reliable, not exactly fast but a perfect city car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts