Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone

I'm Charles from Canada, I am 22 years old and planing to buy my first ride. Considering about Nissan Note, because I like that, the design and the engine of that car is great... So guys what do you think? should I buy that as my first ride or buy any other drive? and one more thing, I want a daily drive. Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
The answer is to read the plethora of positive postings and take heed of the negative ones - we are all clearly sold on the marque.

Btw welcome to a really nice forum.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome, Charles,to the best forum on the web.

The Note isn't a car for the "boy racer" types, but it's easy to get in and out of, has a roomy feel, gives decent performance and fuel consumption and carries a good load. Thepedals and steeringare light (good for dainty paws) and responsive and I like the positive gear-change. Tempting Providence now - mine starts reliably, whatever the weather and we've had frost here in Prestatyn - the very idea!

I find all-round visibility isn't wonderful and have to take particular care over blind spots caused by front screen pillars, but I think most modern cars have rather big ones. It has no engine temp. gauge and the key has to be in for the windows, radio and auxiliary socket to work (design faults, in my opinion). Mine overheats on a steep Welsh hill when it's been on a run; I think that's because the radiator is just too small, but hardly anyone else has that trouble. On the other hand, on hot days I've seen quite a few modern cars steaming merrily on the side of the motorway over the Pennines.

For me, the most important feature is that SWMBO likes it, so there's domestic peace. Enjoy yours when you get it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from New Zealand
I am in the process of buying a car - second hand, between 2004-2008. In NZ most of the Nissan Notes are Japanese imports and so there are a great many variations out there. I like the look of the Note as it's a little "quirky". At the moment I have a 1995 Nissan Lucino so know that I like driving the Nissans. Any information that anyone can send me to simplify my decision would be greatly appreciated. Thank you - David.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Aah. NZ. I wanted to move there as soon as we started studying it in geography lessons in 1952.
Welcome, David. I'm prejudiced against the Note because I had 3 Austin Maxis over 20 yrs then, when I couldn't get any more, 4 a few Skoda Favorits over the next N years (can't remember how many). All were relatively easy to work on while we were struggling financially. (Teachers are so well paid, you see.) Anyway, SWMBO, who can't drive, said that we'd been saving for our old age and now we're old we should buy a decent car. I'd never spent more than £100s on cars and this was £5000!!!!Shechose the Note and is very happy with it because the seats are higher than Maxi or Favorit seats, so easier to get into and it is roomy (she gets claustrophobia). See my earlier post for more comments. I think you'll enjoy a Note.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Charles from Canada, I'm from bonny Scotland. Go for the Nissan Note. This is my second Nissan and is very reliable to own. You will find a few tweaks and mods in here to keep it in good condition should you decide to buy it. One thing I found out about it was it seems bigger in the inside than it looks outside?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts