Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 2008 1.4 Note for my sister-in-law ( I worked at NMUK building the note I was at nissan for 12 years) 120000 miles in ok condition ( just a cheap car for her to run around in) I've just serviced it as it seems to misfire at 4000rpm like it's hitting the limiter! So new oil all filters new plugs throttle body all cleaned also. But the same problem persists. No lights on the dash and no fault code showing ( cheap reader) any ideas on what the problem could be. Cheers in advance and it's very strange working on a car that I probably helped build looking all dirty and rust.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hi Stu, I'd not bother to delve much more if the old girl only misfires when she reaches 4000 rpm.
If it runs well generally I'd simply avoid that level...after all most day to day driving can be achieved below 3500 rpm.
Sister in law probably isn't gonna wheel spin around like a boy racer, so why not drive it frugally at lower revs. It'll save her money too, with a better fuel consumption.

·
Registered
54 Posts
4000rpm! .... mines lucky if it sees 2500 on an average run to the shops and back, let that BMW driver wait an extra 2 seconds behind you, to get to the next set of lights! ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It runs perfect under 4k and drove it 160miles to hers at the weekend. Does motorway speeds no problems and touched 85 just under 4k. So told her to just leave it as it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts