Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to one and all. Glad I found this place; there's very little (I think) on Nissan Notes on the web. I love my little Note (1.6 SVE). Always had Nissan cars but to be honest I've only had 2 cars! Before that it was motorbikes. I'll probably be asking more questions than answering them, but you never know.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
welcome to the forum theres lots of infomation on here so please use the search box and/or have a read through the how to's

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello from another Newbie in Northants.
Recently bought an ex-Motability 1.6 Tekna (Auto). Very happy with it (despite the Gangsta rear windows!).

One gripe, the awkwardness/laziness of the original supplying dealer (Beales in South London) refusing to dig out/pass on the radio PIN code following our having to have a new battery.

The guys at the garagewho sold it to us are trying their best to get the code but it sems Nissan's systems are paranoid about letting details out (even with proof oof ownership clearly established), unless all they are trying to do is extract more moolah from an innocent party for a simple 3 minute job on a computer! Grrr.

Hopefully the rest of our ownership experience wil be much happier.

Happy daze.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah someone else from my neck of the woods, was it Eltham or penge? if so it changed hands in December and is now owed ancaster as beadles are a kent based company (Maidstone iirc)and there moving closer to there other branches

a pass card is around 25 quid and thay wont pull it off the computer but wait for the card to come from head orifice

only other main stealer I can think of is motorline in Dartford

ps. the tinted windows are nice on a hot day as it cuts the heat a tad also you can hide the kids,old's and/or the ugly's in the back lolEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Flash22

Thanks for the tip, but hopefully the guy who supplied my car will be getting it from their local dealer for me, since the battery was beginning to go duff when we picked up the car (they had it on charge previously and seemed OK), and lost the code when it was powered down as they replaced the failedjuice box.

I'd rather not pay £25 to a main stealer for something that should have been with the car in the first place, though that may be down to the previous owner losing the code card (?) that came with the motor when it was new.

It sems to be old technology to use a PIN code these days, since most units are unique to the dash of the car, and not transferable/ worth nicking......

Any decent source of mudlfaps known for a Note? ... £32 for a couple of small fancy bits of rubber seems to meet the velcro definition....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Radio Code solved

Hello Fellow Noteables
Just to let you know that my radio PIN code was finally resolved after much faffing about, and the radio and CD now works fine. Thanks to all at GD Marketing (Garage) at Bruntingthorpe, no thanks to Nissan UK... Why their antediluvian attitude to customer service?? This is 2013 don'tchaknow!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Now write it down (in at least three places) in the hope that you will remember one of them when/if you need it again

·
Registered
276 Posts
Birdman said:
Any decent source of mudlfaps known for a Note? ... £32 for a couple of small fancy bits of rubber seems to meet the velcro definition....

I just bought a pair of said 'fancy bits of rubber' (front) for just under £30. There are a number of Nissan dealers vying for custom on eBay and I went for the cheapest

They fit absolutely perfectly using the existing screws - I doubt you'd get anything else to fit as well or as easily and look as good - but you pays your money .....

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
At least you got it sorted

write it in the back of the handbook and audio book and if you can put in your phone too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts