Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a secondhand 2009 1.4 manual petrol Note. Took it for a drive and noticed the steering is heavier than other ones I have test driven. Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
tyre pressures? leaking fluid around the power steering hoses? I would say avoid if you're not sure. There are plenty of other Notes for sale so look elsewhere.

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i would say tires, notes have eps so no fluid, replacment motors are expensive as above plenty of notes around and its a buyers market at the mo as no one is buying cars unless thay need to

·
Registered
453 Posts
Mine is a late 2009 and the steering is fine. I've just had new tyres and it feels the same to me

I would try some more...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just bought a 2005 petrol note. I own a Hyundai Tuscon and a Mitsubishi Mirage, the Note is MILES lighter on the steering than these cars. In fact I would say it has the lightest steering of most cars I've ever driven. Love it!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Same here.

I've just downsized from a Seat Alhambra which had light steering but the not is an absolute delight with such light, speed sensitive, steering.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I'm chipping in to say that I think the note has much heavier steering at speed than I'm used to. It's fine at low speed.
Our other cars have hydraulic power steering, with none of this fancy reduction in assistance as you go faster like the note has.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I guess mnl that I got used to the speed sensitive steering on the Alhambra which needed a fair effort at motorway speeds (as it should be). The Note, by comparison is very light. If you want 'heavy' try a Fod Galaxy with failed PAS, it took two of us (and I'm an ex-second row) to turn the b^&^&(y wheel!

·
Registered
109 Posts
the steering on a note is electric assisted, it could be as simple as a blown fuse or as expensive as an assistance motor, as others say, unless the dealer fixes it then walk away, you dont need extra expense, a fuse is pence,,,,the motor i would assume would be into the 3 figures area....

if you do still buy the car, make sure you get a warranty that covers the steering :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
eps motors are 4-800 quid depending wether there recon or new - main dealer fitted i can see a bill for £900-1200

1 - 11 of 11 Posts