Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, complete newbie here, but the blower in my car isn't working anymore. Hot and cold air comes out the vents but it just doesn't blow, it used to work by banging the front panel but now not even that works. My father in law has checked the fuses, the resistor board and we even got a replacement unit. None of these have fixed the problem. We've tested the plug to the heater and there's no power to it. I've seen a few posts on here with similar issues but none have answered my question. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
New blower required. Cost about £95 from euro car parts, plus about 2 hours to fit. I am on my 2nd replacement blower. The trick is, DO NOT use max blower capacity, as the fan is slightly out of balance. The fan ends up destroying it's bearing, and itself on the fan casing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! Would a faulty blower motor mean that there's no power to the plug?

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you have no power at all to the plug then i would be looking at the controls for the fan. They are easy to get out and if the fan speed selector is faulty just replace it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We've tried a whole new replacement unit but that still didn't work so I don't think any of the switches or controls are faulty

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
I suppose you tried the Heater Blower Motor Fan Resistor .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We replaced the Resistor card but that didn't fix it, so I assumed it wasn't a Resistor issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts