Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2008 Tekna, and found wiring to both seats but no switches. the wiring is routed to the outside frame of the seat and continues into the seat squab. (both sides of the seat).
Does the readership think it is worth purchasing two switches, to see if the heating functions?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
If the wires are yellow, or in yellow sheaths, they are part of the air bag system. There is also a weight sensor in the passenger seat to sound the alarm if the seat belt is undone with a bag on the seat.

·
Registered
781 Posts
They may also be for the pre-tensioner system fitted. In the event of a crash the seat belts tighten automatically.
Be careful what you fiddle with, in theory you could set something off !

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Right, I had a mess with my 2008 Tekna.

Under the drivers seat there are two connectors, one is yellow, and will be for the air bags, the other has 2 wires, black and orange/grey (IIRC).

I think, and have wasted enough time on what Nissan/Renault call wiring diagrams without finding anything to confirm it, that this will be the switch in the seatbelt buckle that tells it the belt is fastened.

The drivers heated seat should have 3 wires going to a third plug, white for low heat, blue for high heat, and black for earth. (Passenger- red, orange & black)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts