Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

A few days ago both my headlights failed to come on. I have sidelights and full beam still, but no main beam. I've had a little look for a fuse but I'm so far unable to see one. Can anybody shed any light (boom boom) on this? Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
all the lighting fuses are in the ipdm (biege box) behind the passenger side headlamp held together with 4 plastic clipseach head lamp has its own fuse for each function ie. left high beam, left low beam, right high beam, right low beam
theres a list of fuses in the ipdm but you need to stand on your head to read it as the wiring is tight the main board and fuses are in the lid

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers flash. Had tyres fitted yesterday, mechanic said bulbs have 2 filaments, main beam filament had gone. 2 new bulbs and all is well.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a bit odd both going but hay ho

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
flash22 said:
a bit odd both going but hay ho
It's not odd at all...if one goes, the surplus current goes to the other lamp and burns out the filament with a double dose.
It would but the note has seperate fused circuits for high and low beam both left and right so 4 circuits 4 fuses, front and rear side lights are linked and fused for left and right, brake lights are on 1 circuit and 1 fuse in the the car rest of the lighting fuses are in the ipdm

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You might want to read up on Ohm's law, a filament bulb can be treated just like a resistor, it will only take current relative to the applied voltage.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
if you close your eyes it would also save wear on your lenses
so every time you blink there's a saving.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I know nothing,I dont pretend to either

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I think the auto light system makes the bulbs go prematurely, because they are forever lighting up and going off, which is not good for the life of the bulbs. (My lights are on OFF, same as the wipers, all that superspeed for no reason soon wore the blades out)

Likely the OP was driving on one headlight auto light in brillant sunshine until the second bulb went.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
mdvineng said:
You might want to read up on Ohm's law, a filament bulb can be treated just like a resistor, it will only take current relative to the applied voltage.
Q. Why was the volt sleeping rough?
A. Because he didn't have an Ohm to go to...
sorry....

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Sneeky one more out burst like this it will be no peanuts and locked in the cage for a week

1 - 14 of 14 Posts