Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Headlight cover removal

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sineu 
#1 ·
So, in my Nissan Note 2006 the headlight covers are in a bad condition. I've tried cleaning them from the outside, but it appears they're worn out on the inside somehow. The light pattern is wrong and the lights are quite dim.

My question is, how do I remove the covers for cleaning? A car repair shop charges 150€ each for new covers, so I wish to try cleaning them myself first.

#2 ·
I would check with local car breakers and even ones online to obtain the complete light unit.
I have been told that once the plastic covers are "refurbished" they tend to age very quickly and soon become an MOT failure.
If as you say the light pattern is wrong then they shoulld be replaced as they wont pass inspection.

#3 ·
Luckily they passed inspection but the inspectors advised me to clean them. I doubt it's possible to change the complete units by myself with very little experience with cars? I was hoping there would be a cheap option to going to the shop, as it's going to cost like 400€ to replace them professionally.

#5 ·
Replacing the whole light as a unit would be VERY easy to do.
What you're thinking of doing would involve seperating the outer clear lens from the back part where they are bonded together by ultrasonic welding ( in most cases ). Taking them out involves two or three bolts and disconnecting the electrical connector.

#6 ·
I think the bumper has to come off to get the bottom bolt on a pre-facelift. I couldn't get mine out to straighten the little bent hairpin that holds the bulb in after I bent it getting the plug off the bulb to change it :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.