Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Note just flown through it's MoT with no advisories
However, driving home from the test station, off-side headlight dipped beam splutters and goes out
Just as well it didn't happen on the way there I suppose. Anyway, off to the local car shop and buy a pair of Philips 50% extra vision H4 bulbs. Not bad for £16. Fitted in a few minutes and can report better than OEM units by a fair bit. One question though. The back of the light unit should have a rubber shroud fitted which needs to be removed before you can get the bulb out. Neither of my lights have them. Is this the norm or has my car been visited by the lamp-shroud stealer? I suspect that without them, moisture can get into the unit and let it mist up and corode the reflector. I hate to think how much Mr Nissan Spare-Parts would want for a pair. Mine is a 08 plate Acenta by the way.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah an other friday car from sunderland, found a friday car down the breakers only 4 clips holding on the door cards and that was a new car in the yard untouched car was only 7 months old too

·
Registered
245 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price from Nissan for the rubber surround £7.50 plus VAT each. £18 for something probably left out by the factory! I feel a D-I-Y fix coming on...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
you will probably find that most rubber surrounds from almost any vehicle will do the job for your Note, trip to the scrappies should sort it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I don't know how hot the lights get at the back, but I would give cling film a go if. This would give you more time to find some.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestions. If I'm ever up Sunderland way, someones in for a clip around the ear. Oh, no, I forgot, that's not allowed anymore. I'll have to settle for giving "constructive feedback"!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to remove the connector to get access to the headlight bulb? The handbook says 'disconnect', but doesn't explain how. I'd prefer not to break it. Pulling at the black plastic is only bending it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
just fitted Philips X-treme vision +100%H4 bulbs as per Jerry and really good. I did notice it was possible to locate the bulb in two different positions and as it was going dark I just finished the job, does it allow for mainland europe settings? I haven't looked in the manual yet, just thought someone on here would have experience of this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts