Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's side headlight beam is too high, Have wound the control wheel to 3, but still too high. How do I adjust the beam setting? My Note Acenta auto registered 06/08, recently bought. Very happy with it so far, but approaching drivers didn't like my dipped lights.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Firstly check that the bulb is seated correctly as many people have had difficulty doing this due to the position it is in and it is unlikely to be out unless the car has been in a collision. After that there are 3 screws, one either side of the bulb housing just below centre level and one tp thie side looking vertically down, adjustment of these will give up/down and side to side, beam alignment should be checked with a tool as it will be an MOT failure if out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for quick reply. Are the three screws you refer to the two protruding white plastic objects and the third one a white screwhead in the top of the assembly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for 'rapid response' and reminder of MOT significance. I have always remembered the favourite maxim (from many years ago) of my English teacher, 'Brevity is the soul of wit', so your last reply is doubly appreciated.With a chuckle,thanks again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This morning, collected repaired Note after I'd got in someone's way at a mini-roundabout. Lovely job. Better than when I bought it. SNAG - headlamp beams set too high. Paint job not legal requirement. Correct lamp setting is. Checked Nissan workshop manual which says set on "low beam". I always set other motors' lamps on main beam (from 1934 Morgan Family to 1994 Skoda Favorit) and they were always fine and passed MoT when it came in, so is this an error in the manual? Be grateful for comments.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks, Mike. That's what I saw on the workshop manual CD. As my beams had been set so that main beam was searching for low-flying aircraft, I wondered if the "low beam" was an error.As it was raining today,I nipped out and lowered them a couple of turns but haven't checked them yet. I wonder what gear the repair shop uses for checking alignment.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Old Frank said:
Thanks, Mike. That's what I saw on the workshop manual CD. As my beams had been set so that main beam was searching for low-flying aircraft, I wondered if the "low beam" was an error. <span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">As it was raining today, </span>I nipped out and lowered them a couple of turns but haven't checked them yet. I wonder what gear the repair shop uses for checking alignment.
Who's Mike ˜„

1 - 11 of 11 Posts