Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies. I have not been on the site for a very long time. And I did look diligently in past posts but cannot find an answer. We have 2017 reg diesel Note. It has irritated me that if we kill the engine, the headlights will stay on unless the drivers door is opened. The car is a button start. So, if I am picking up a passenger, but have to wait with engine off, the lights remain on. There is a long beep but only if lamps set to auto AND if fog lights are on (this has previously been mentioned in another user's post). As fog lights are not often used, it seems bizarre that the alarm is on them rather than headlamps. Yes, the panel lights do show that headlamps remain on, but not always noticed. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old man, but has anyone noticed this/ got a remedy? Or do we just pay more attention to the instrument panel lights. Chastise away. Maybe I should be more aware, but it just seems odd to alarm secondary function (foglights) rather than primary function of headlights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, not sure if your still here but i dont have the push start system but i believe the alarm is universal as for me it sounds when the lights are set to anything other then off or auto.

If the lights bother you id recommend to turn them to the side light position instead of auto ( i do this myself when im parked up at work before i go in) as on mine the drls go out when the engine stops for anything other then the stop/start system. There's no way i know of to change the behaviour of the lights, and there's nothing i can see in my manual.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts