Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i am in the process of buying a 2006 1.4 se with the standard single cd unit. I have managedto source a 2009 bluetooth headunit including surround, top cubby and air vents. My question is will it retro fit into my vehicle and will the bluetooth etc work, or will i need to buy any extra bits etc.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Flash22 is your man for this, he will be along in a while.

You will need:

The microphone (behind the mirror)
The wiring plugs: Nissan went from standard connectors to expensive nissan ones.

I think you would be better off fitting any of the bluetooth head units available (try halfords for an idea of prices) into your original dash. These have a microphone built in, and will play mp3s and if you buy the right one, control an ipod.

If the Nissan unit doesn't say MP3 on the front, it won't play them.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
You will need an aerial adapter and wiring adapter what will have to be custom made, as well as the mic and mic wiring
In the long run you may be better off fitting an aftermarket stereo from the likes of alpine,kenwood or pioneer if you have audio controls you will need a audio controls adapter (stereo must support steering wheel controls)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I didnt realise that aftermarket were so reasonable. I think that is the route i will take. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts