Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My MIL light also did nothing, but the relearn did work.
I got nothing out of it same behaviour after doing this 20 times with a stopwatch. Awaiting the famous ELM327 Bluetooth ODB2 dongle I ordered for 8 euros online tomorrow to check some running data. Not everybody loves that cheapo Chinese dongle with the Torque app on Android. We will see. Some people rate it good. I can afford 8 euros, not the rip at the dealers. Many regards, Rob

·
Registered
781 Posts
Consider going to a good, trusted local independant garage and ask them if they can help with reading the codes. I sometimes use one in a back street near where i live, to look at the place you would probably drive straight past it, but the guy really knows his stuff and has an all singing and dancing diagnostic computer and he charges £20 a throw for reading error codes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
spend while with logging odb2 data with a good app. Apart from the elm327 bluetooth dongle, 8 euro , I installed Torque pro and Car Scanner pro, each 4 euro. Car scanner less beautifull grafical gets a lot further since it knows a lot brand and type profiles. No Note but yes the nissan Micra with h16de engine. I got a h16de engine as well. So I get a lot more parameters like the lambda sondes. No error codes present. I will report more coming days on results.had been to 2 dealers and one independ to check codes already. Regards. Matter of patience and not bleeding money at dealers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
you get this on amaz*n for instance, cheap. If Android take blue tooth version. With iPhone you are bound to take the wifi version. Bluetooth is better and stable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Resetting idle higher than 650 rpm will not work at dealers. Software ECU due to emission restrictions will promptly reset that idle back to 650. Save that money.. keep sure driving enough, ethanol is mean additive , hygroscopic and tendency to shift out of gasoline. In these crises days of restriction becoming a factor. Wondering who will pay for engines damaged in long run.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Beware of cleaning throttle valves, it may turn against you. Dealers should warn you it may backfire. Don't go for 1000 euro rip exchanging at dealer. There are reconditioned with guarantee on market for a whole lot less. I see there is finally a Haynes manual on the Nissan note. And the proper Penguin papers can be had googling around. Nuisance to go into this? Yep, but saves lot of money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
After logging a few days with elm327 Bluetooth dongle on odb2 it is found that timing varies from -4 to +5 at idle 650 Rpm . What can cause this? Too weird to be!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nothing of the penguin book E11 works on my 2010 note 1.6
Not only 1.6 in the region with same characteristics. Did not have strange behaviour before last major maintenance at dealers. Haynes manual disappointfull to say the least. Regards. MyOBD2 reader sees nothing peculiar but a strange timing advance between -4 and +8 at 650 rpm. However according to specs that should be 5 +5 or -5 at 650. Timing depending on a couple of parameters from ECU non adjustable!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Finally, my dealer back from vacation had another shot at it. Cleaned the MAF and PCV increased idle to 700 Rpm. For as long ECU tolerates that in memory. We even checked the VIN against present firmware ECU. Was correct one. Checked timing chain for problems. No error codes. After cleaning and raising idle runs tolerable. Strange thing we noticed note E11 1.6 petrol have problems closing windows causing engine to vibrate at final shut. Especially noticeable when operating driver side and passenger buttons. We compared two 1.6 petrol with same behaviour. Anyone else noticed this?

Disconnecting battery will not reset ECU on 2011 E11. Only a few dumb user values. The 5 times pedal up and down in 5 secs throttle valve relearn is also ignored, not present. Maybe earlier models from before 2010? So you are stuck with the dealer and need be carefull that no unnecessary pricy parts are exchanged or lot unnecessary hours are put in. This involves buying , see thread the buying of a cheap elm327 Bluetooth dongle and decent app on your mobe phone, costs 12 Euros together. And logging data to outrule certain things. Best you do this before you car develops trouble to have the to be values running correct.
regards

21 - 30 of 30 Posts