Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Nissan note E11 1.6 petrol from 2010 developed a strange idle problem. Cold or cool engine fine. Heating up in city traffic idle suddenly drops and I am nearly vibrated out of the car. Tried to relearn her procedure with 2 different dealers. Problem increased even after spark plugs changed and throttle valve cleaned. If you learn her another 50 rpm additional, this is possible, other problems arrive because engine tries to adjust continuous to a situation it does not want to be in and I have to use the brakes additionally too much slowing down when releasing gas pedal. This is why I hate modern cars. Nobody can detects problems and want you to spend you thousands of pounds in senseless troubleshooting exchanging unnecessary parts not being the cause. Quite desperate for somebody recognizing the error/problem. Two official authorized Nissan dealers not capable tracing it. When cold in garage problem not there after 10 minute running vibrating on too low idle. If anybody has seen this problem, please help. Regards.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Could be a dirty MAF sensor ?
Are any error codes present ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No error codes present , checked whole lot with mas Nissan mechanic. MAF reading cold was ok. Hot hard to reproduce, we were not aware that temperature was a factor. It indeed is. So dirty MAF sensor seems unlikely.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strikes me that nobody in Nissan world has knowledge about these cars. Basic trouble shooting concepts of automotive repair are not followed. My car is not an exception. Taking it to the dealers is an expensive move. Overshoot of knowledge breathing at a laptop. you can imagine what disaster electric cars will bring at what price . Argument is emmission which I get a feeling that without cheating software older cars produced better results . Smoke out of the tailpipe is a different mechanical issue. Scraper rings, piston springs. And running on ethanol isn't quite the solution.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I may be clutching at straws here but have you checked the throttle pedal position sensor ?
Try the throttle pedal relearn procedure and see if it has any effect, just search this forum for it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
And running on ethanol isn't quite the solution.
In the UK currently the highest percentage of ethanol in petrol is 5%, in fact that is pretty much the only petrol available, its called E5. There is a proposal to introduce E10 but there may be issues with some older cars being damaged by using it. In the states E85 (85% ethanol) is sold but its only for specific vehicles designed to use it.

If you are running your Note with anything higher than 5% ethanol its highly likely you will damage your engine in the short term, in the longer term its 100% certain it will be damaged.

You need to tell us what fuel you have been using, it may be the cause of all your problems.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She has been a while on e10 since that is the only available in netherlands. However parked for weeks during coronacrisis this gives problems apparently ethanol shifting out of gasoline. Her problems are even high on German E5 gasoline. I live right at the border to go fill there . 2 Nissan dealers and a very competent indepent garage have relearned the throttle valve positioned. Spark plugs where changed and the two Nissan dealers sadly cleaned the the throttle valve which I learned by now is a no go because of risk damaging her. The problem is when the engine is hot , stationary idle drops to an unstable 600 vibrating the car tremendous. Checking with so called cold spray on the electronic part gives no change of behaviour. When idle drops all electrical switched on become a problem on idle. Gives vibrations. Auto, windows, lights. Wipers do not

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can not find no throttle pedal relearn procedure on entire forum. I have seen some on internet but do not know if will work on note E11. These key procedures are usually for older Nissan models. What happened dealers and indepent garage was relearning the throttle valve itself. Like said knowledge of dealers mechanics is a very good judged low!
I have been in mechanical maintenance also mobile equipment for 40 years. And god usually helps them who helps themselves. I hate garages where mechanics refuse to communicate and know all. The younger generation just lives by the odb2 connector and an oil change. Seldom you come across people who can do a strip and rebuild like the old days. They would be my age. Analogue technology was not that bad. Bunch of certificates without craftsmanship are worthless.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rob, did you try the throttle pedal relearn procedure as Sineu suggests ? I had the problem of my 2011 1.6 revs too high at tickover, ran the throttle pedal relearn procedure and bingo its back to normal.
Here is the procedure,

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have seen these somewhere before, do they apply for a note E11 and if yes , the second one is for throttle valve. Is the first procedure for gaspefal complete and how I make sure I get in learning mode, can I see this on the dashboard display or not? Regards

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First, bring the engine to normal operating temperature, 160-203°F or 70-95°C. Second, make sure that ignition timing is at the recommended manufacturer’s specifications. Third, turn off all accessories such as the air conditioning, rear window defogger, radio, and heater blower to prevent a load on the engine which would cause erroneous positioning of the throttle plate. Finally, make sure the front wheels of the vehicle are in the neutral position pointing straight ahead. We are now ready to perform the required relearn procedure.
Make sure the accelerator pedal is fully released. Turn the ignition switch on without starting the engine for at least 2 seconds. Turn the ignition switch off for at least 10 seconds. Again, turn the ignition on for at least 2 seconds. Turn the ignition off for at least 10 seconds. This action will inform the computer on the new release position of the accelerator pedal and the closed position. Now that this is done, we can move on to the next step. Please make sure to follow these next instructions precisely as every action is performed within a few seconds. Turn the ignition switch on and wait 3 seconds. Immediately after the 3 seconds, the accelerator pedal must be pressed and released 5 times within 5 seconds. Wait 7 seconds and fully press the accelerator pedal and hold for approximately 20 seconds until the check engine light stops blinking and stays on. Within 3 seconds after the check engine light stays constantly on, release the accelerator pedal. Now start the engine and let it idle. After 20 seconds, rev up the engine a couple of times to ensure idle speed is within specifications. If the relearn was unsuccessful, turn the key to the off position wait 60 seconds and restart the process.

Does this apply to a nissan note E11?
Regards

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As you can see I have access to certain reading material, but dont know how to handle. Not like those Haynes manuals of the old days. In EC 96 it gets confusing. Your screenshots from the same source? Give us a clue where you took your snaps. My penguin book is true E11

INSPECTION AFTER INSTALLATION ● Check that the accelerator pedal moves smoothly within the whole operation range. ● Check that the accelerator pedal securely returns to the original position. ● For the electrical inspection of the accelerator pedal assembly, refer to EC-409, "DTC P2138 APP SENSOR" (CR WITH EURO-OBD), EC-725, "DTC P2138 APP SENSOR" (CR WITHOUT EURO-OBD) and EC-1197, "DTC P2138 APP SENSOR" (HR WITH EURO-OBD), EC-1517, "DTC P2138 APP SENSOR" (HR WITHOUT EURO-OBD) or “Interpretation”, “DIESEL INJECTION” in EC section(K9K). ● When accelerator electrical connector is disconnected, perform EC-69, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning" (CR WITH EURO-OBD), EC-486, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning" (CR WITHOUT EURO-OBD) and EC-857, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning" (HR WITH EURO-OBD), EC-1278, "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning" (HR WITHOUT EURO-OBD)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK, got it now, double click the 69 and goes to the spot you took your snaps. TY for enlighten me. Will try tomorrow. One question, what do 2 given idle rpms MT and AT what do they stand for regarding abreviations MT and AT?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My check engine light on my note E11 from 2010 wil not blink under any condition. It is out when engine running. Tried procedures several times, they do not seem to work

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seen a couple YouTubes where it works. Tomorrow again to the exercise. Or anybody telling me why my note might not want to do this?
Regards

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tried several times like in the video with a stop watch. No blinking MI light. Not valid for 2010 Note?

·
Registered
781 Posts
I used to own a 2009 Note and replaced the throttle pedal when i had the car.
The learning procedure did work for me but like you the mil light did nothing so maybe the procedure has worked for you also.You will be able to tell if it worked by taking the car for a drive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
OK, got it now, double click the 69 and goes to the spot you took your snaps. TY for enlighten me. Will try tomorrow. One question, what do 2 given idle rpms MT and AT what do they stand for regarding abreviations MT and AT?
MT is Manual Transmisson. AT is Automatic Transmission.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts