Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got back to the car and found the rear screen completely smashed. Nothing taken, dont keep anything in the car anyways, and no brick or rock or anything. no damage other than the screen. Autoglass dont have anyone local to fit until tomorrow. I've used tape to create a windscreen across the back. Really worried about all the little glass damaging the paint and also what the fitter will be like. I cant even begin to describe how upset I was, couldnt remember my insurance company or even how to use my phone for about 20 minutes. I'll post pictures in the morning and we'll see how autoglass get on. I dont know if it was a yob or a fault in the glass as it has been quite hot today. I'd like to think its just a faulty screen. Tried to stay positive and smile as I know my little boy was upset seeing it too. Hopefully tomorrow is a much better day.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Sorry to hear about it, I'm sure things will seem better when it is fixed.

Give the inside a good hoovering after it is fixed (seats and carpets), although it is safety glass, and breaks into lumps, there can still be tiny shards that go a surprisingly long way.

The glass man will do a quick hoover round the window, but won't do the car.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I hope it was an accident but whoever did it was too gutless to own up rather than someone doing it deliberately.

I've had a couple of replacement windscreens before, both fitted no problems. Only issue I had with the last one was they broke the screen to remove it but thendidn'tbother hoovering up all the glass inside the car!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i have seen this done before damn yobs, it will be a rock or stone
hope you get it sorted asap

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi Ollymu,
Sorry to hear what had happend to your pride and joy.

I hope that you a feeling a little better today,it does shake you up!

I am sure the windscreen guys will do a good job a get your car looking a good as new.

If it was yobs seems a bit weird to break the rear windscreen? my understanding was that the scroats usuallyuse a ball-bearing to shatter a small side window to gain entrance? Did you find any unaccounted for ball bearings inside the car?

sending a hug your way!

Spartacus1961

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi,

thanks for the kind words. its been a tough 24 hours but i'm glad to say that my note has a new rear screen. I've hoovered the interior and used a stiff brush. I'll go thru it with a load of sticky tape to get the last bits and when I get a workshop manual take the back seats outand the rear trim at the boot latch. the glass man got all the glass out the tailgate. there is lots of glass dust on the body any ideas how to get that off without destroying the paint.i'm thinking just to pour lots of water over the car.

many thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hosed down the car normal end of the hose with no attachments has got most of the glass dust off. will take it for a blast tomorrow and see if the wind gets the rest off. or is that a bad idea? the other thing i thought was to use blutack and pat a large piece on, pull it off and throw it away. its only the back of the roof left from where it kinks back up. or masking tape. windscreen job was really nicely done the guy took lots of care and hoovered everything up as well even the street and pavement. i'm a happy note driver again.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you need to leave it 12-24 hours for the sealent to go off ideally but hay ho

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
flash22 said:
you need to leave it 12-24 hours for the sealent to go off ideally but hay ho

the glass man said not to jet or pressure wash the car but just running water was ok after half an hour, i left it 3 hours and only did the roof forwards and the lower part of the tailgate under the glass. didnt get any on the glass or in the gap where the seal is. hopefully its ok. noticed this morning about a dozen small chips in the paint from the glass falling against it. not going to worry about them.

on a side note... i'd never seen a battery powered sealant gun before, assume its so the right amount is used. i want one of those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts