Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Note 2010 1.6 Ntec Auto!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment the hand brake goes right up to the ceiling. Even then it won't hold the Car.
I viewed a video on how to adjust the brake done that and it's still the same. I guess the cable has stretched at some time. Had a look on eBay, not sure if I'm right but their appear 2 cables rear left and right. Is this correct ?
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
At the moment the hand brake goes right up to the ceiling. Even then it won't hold the Car.
I viewed a video on how to adjust the brake done that and it's still the same. I guess the cable has stretched at some time. Had a look on eBay, not sure if I'm right but their appear 2 cables rear left and right. Is this correct ?
Thanks
Ian
Yes there are seperate cables for each wheel. They join to a bar compensator on a very short cable that goes to the handbrake under the centre console.

Usually one of the cables seizes, you can adjust the handbrake at the single cable with a nut under the handbrake lever threaded onto the end of the cable.

However, you can't mess around with the handbrake until the rear shoes have self-adjusted. You need to pull the handbrake on + off about a milllion times, and do the same with the footbrake and hope the magic adjusters get the right idea and co-operate. Most people adjust the adjuster out manually before finally doing up the hub nut to make this happen quicker.

(I've no idea why they would ever work, I can see how they should work, but it seems to rely on faith and miracles more than solid engineering)

If there isnt enough slack in the handbrake so that the levers on the shoes return fully the adjuster doesn't adjust.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts