Hi, try this
PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM PFP:36010
On Board Inspection and Service BFS0008U
l Operate parking brake lever with a force of 196 N (20 kg, 44.1 lb). Check if stroke is within specified number
of notches. (Check it by hearing clicks of ratchet.)
1. Insert a socket wrench into opening of parking brake lever.
Rotate adjusting nut (1) to fully loosen cable (2), then return
parking brake lever.
2. Depress the foot brake several times (minimum 10 times) and
adjust the rear shoe clearance.
Be sure to securely depress the foot brake.
3. Rotate the road wheels to make sure that there is no drag.
4. Use the following procedure to adjust the cable.
a. Pull the lever up to the position where a socket wrench can be
b. Insert a socket wrench into the opening of the lever, and rotate
the adjusting nut to adjust lever stroke.
Do not reuse adjusting nut after removing it.
c. After operating the lever about 10 times with a force of 196 N (20 kg, 44.1 lb), make sure that the lever
stroke is within the specified number of notches.
d. With the lever completely returned, make sure that there is no drag on the rear brake.
5. Check brake warning lamp on Combination meter comes on when parking brake is applied by 1 notch or
less, and goes out again when parking brake lever returns to off position.
6. Check if the ratchet engages and releases securely and smoothly.
7. Check if initial free play of the lever is maximum 20 mm at the end of the release button and check operating
force of release button is 4.9 N (0.50 kg, 1.10 lb) at full stroke point.
Lever stroke : 8 - 9 notches