Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a second hand dog guard but ther are no fixings in the roof liner to screw the bracket to,does anyone know where I can get them from.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
You have the wrong dog guard by the sound of it.

The Nissan and Saunders ones are a telescopic 'interference' fit and simply 'brace' against the roof liner and side pillars.

AFAIK there are no roof mounting points, but I demur to those with more knowledge.
Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Just took a long look at the ESM.

There is nowhere to get a 'fixing' on the roof liner which is fairly thin and only has the metal of the roof above it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the reply,I got this from someone who had a note he gave me the fixings for it ,after looking at the photos of the guard in situ it looked as if all you done was pop of the plastic covers and i wrongly assumed there would be something the turn screw would screw in to

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
No worries, hope that you get it sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did you have any joy rjk67? I'm in the same situation. The official guard does seem to attach to the roof - my guess is that it originally came with a rivnut style 'clip/bung' that replaced the headlining clip...<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">anyone know? its one of these guards:
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">

Struggling to find a fitting guide online. I'll give Nissan a try later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
and after a quick call to Nissan, none the wiser :( they can only supply a brand new guard with fittings, not a separate fitting kit and didn't know what was included.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me again! After not finding anything online, and looking at the fitting parts I had with the guard, I realised that the attachment for the headlining clip was a screw not a bolt. I guess originally it would have been supplied with a grommet/clip/plug that would have replaced the standard clip, and allowed a screw to tighten in the centre.

Decided to chance drilling a small hole in the existing clips, and it worked a treat. (If you're feeling brave I would suggest doing in situ as in removing the brittle clips I damaged the edges a little)

Hope this helps anyone in the same boat! Nice thing about this guard is you can still use the boot shelves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.