Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning from Aberdeenshire Folks!

Just become proud owner of a 59 1.6 auto Tekna ex-Motabilty Note with 11,000 miles and think its great. Downsized from large MPVs as kids have flown the coop, and Note ticked many boxes.
- still big enough for IKEA trips
- love the Bluetooth, Cruise, cubbies
- petrol as concerns about DPFs
- auto as getting lazy!

Already had useful info from the forum, and just working out where to post! ( sorry Flash22 for linking to old post and thanks for fixing)

I'm also keen to have a car which I can do some basic work and servicing, as well as buying British !
PK

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Ditto here, downsized from a diesel Seat Alhambra to a 1.6 nTec+ auto for all the same reasons.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great minds think alike;)

Though always said I didn't like dark cars - but both my Alhambra and now Note are dark blue as they ticked all the other boxes!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I miss some things from my metallic Bruma Blue Alhambra.

The key ones are the heated windscreen and the fabulous climate control.

Overall though, the Note is a good little motor.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Scorpio had heated front windscreen, I believe that that should be standard on all cars too!

The best assisted steering was on the Honda Accord, progressive, responsive, light and good road feed back.

I wonder what features you would incorporate to make up your ideal car ?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I would leave out some of the 27 interior lamps that were fitted as standard to my Alhambra.

I would like a proper heater and heated washer jets and a reach adjustable steering wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gents

Been away over Easter, and catching up....

A heated windscreen for the Note would be brilliant, and my dear wife says the heater for the footwell is weedy - any advice on best ways to heat t' screen and t'feet?

Thanks

PK

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Once defrosted, turn off the AC and select 'recirc' until warm enough.

Don't leave it on recirc for too long as the air gets stale quickly.

Or...buy thicker socks and a scarf.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts