Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi folks just been given a 2007 note 1.4 by my daughter as she upgraded but unfornunatly comes with its own set of problems needs lower arm rear wheel bearing subframe bushes and front discs and pads and she says the gearbox needs some oil and most importantly the radio needs a code anyone got any advice on how to top up gearbox and recode radio not to bothered about mechanical things it needs as my current car is mini cooper so used to geting my hands dirty

·
Registered
796 Posts
I hear alarm bells ringing when I'm told 'the gearbox needs topping up with oil'
I wonder how she knows that lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She said doesn't feel as loose and is a bit clunky and her boyfriend said it may need topping up or checking, having not drove the car yet just though I would get a head of the game just incase

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well Ian, the Note can have issues with contol cables from the gear stick linkage to the bell housing.
My gears were becoming harder to change, and eventually one cable broke which meant i couldn't get first or second. Having said that, it's not a massive job to replace them.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The Note always did have a notchy change to the gears as i remember. It was also pointed out in a review on
Parkers web site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts