Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have an automatic transmission Nissan Note. Over the last couple of days we've noticed that as we pull off from a standing start or from having slowed down to <10mph that the car is slow to work its way through the gears.

It's like the car doesn't pick up on second gear as quickly as it should and you end up over-revving. If I take my foot off the accelerator for a split-second, then it catches and the car's off. Don't appear to be any further problems then going up through the higher gears. it only happens as the car tries to move from first to second from a slow/standing start.

I've checked the transmission fluid level, and whilst it does need topping up, it's only just below the 'ok' level on the dipstick.

There's no jerking or grinding of the gears, it just fails to move up from first into second as quickly as it should.

Thinking back to when it started, it was shortly after we'd taken the car through a carwash. Although there may have been some water spraying around towards the bottom and potentially under the car, I'm struggling to believe that this could have penetrated the gearbox.

Anyone had anything like this or got any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It won't be in the gearbox but it could of wet the connectors from it, look at the connectors at the base of the box.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
what colour is the fluid ? any black specs in it ?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
spray up the connectors with wd40 if theres any mosture in them itshould drive it out
have you tried starting off in 1st then move it into 2nd manually not just putting it in D, another thing to try is move the selector from P to 1 and back a few times

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give the wd40 a go.

I've tried to manually move into 2nd but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I'll try P to 1 a few times though.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
looking like a sticky solenoid in the base of the box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts