Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have recently bought a three year old Tekna automatic. I'm sure there should be illumination to show on the gear selector and wonder if a bulb has failed but can't see how to get to the bulb, can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I don't see one on the schematic and I don't think mine lights up either, but then i don't look at it at all. From PARK 3 indents back is DRIVE, 2 forward from that is REVERSE with NUETRAL 1 indent from either.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Mine lights up (2012 Ntec auto)and it's very handy to ensure that you are in 'D' rather than '2'.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I am sure mine lights up (59 plate tekna) edit. it does indeed light up - Idont drive in the dark that often tbh
to get at the bulb you need to remove the centre console not the gearstick surround

you need to remove the 2 screws in the back (slide the seats right forward and you will see them in the side)and the removable the trim down by the handbrakethen give it a tug at the front (metal clips are very stiff)its all a bit off a faff tbh

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
checked mine on the way home, it does illuminate, shows how long since I looked.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got a 58 plate Tekna note and mine lights up too
. I thinkthere'sa bulb gone in your centre console.

Izzy

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Here you go, it is part number 9

Suspect you have to remove the console trim as flash22 says, rather than trying to wrench part number 8 out from above.

If I get a Round Tuit (my Aunt used to have one on the mantelpiece
) I will fetch it apart to see if I can swap the horrid shifter for something better looking.

Nigel B said:
Mine lights up (2012 Ntec auto)and it's very handy to ensure that you are in 'D' rather than '2'.
I'm forever driving off in 2 after reversing, I find the extra noise from the squeaking fanbelt a bit of a giveaway that I need to mess with the lever some more

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
At least you can replace the one on the Note!

On the Galaxy/Alhambra/Sharan the "we've never had one fail" - (well you have now pal) bulb is only available as part of the £32 inhibitor switch assembly.

So you take out the switch and find that it's a £0.30 bulb from Maplins that it soldered in but you have to reassemble the whole bloody console to drive to Maplins to buy the bulb and then take it all out again to solder the bulb in
Been there, done that.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i had the same issue with the corsa's b and c but thay did put them in a removable holder, ended up putting leds in as 1. thay where brighter2. would prob out last the car and 3. not get so hot you could start a small fire with them on the plus side i found 8 quid in under the console of the corsa b and 10 ton of glitter for some odd reason it was a pig to clean up too

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
warning. do not pull the console about to much untill you unplug the lock/unlock button as it will destroy its self, the monkey at the dealers did this and i couldnt prove it was them so it cost me 20 quid to get one from germany (£60 quid from a uk main stealer)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts