Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about making a gauge pod up for the note for a while now,Hardest part so far is getting the lines right as theres a lot of cuves on the dash,I have since these pics started building up the rear whats a complex compound curve
This is gauge pod number 5 as the others wernt right in one way or another.............

As i build up the back and strenthening the joints i will round the edges so its not so sharp

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Getting there slowly
built the back up with ali mesh and choped strand mat and plenty of resin, then a skim of special filler with an additive so it flexes

sanded for the 5th time and missed a bit, primed up and ready for a guide coat later today. tis a bit bright out there so sorry for the quailty of the pics

Any comments welcome

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
depo racing stepper gauges 52mm, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp had them for ages sitting in a box so i thought i mite as well do something with them

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i havent got much further apart from reshaping the thing and a re prime, sprayed up another colour coded surround in intense blue (bv4) i have sold the last 3 i did and hadnt got one for me, im thinkins about changing the colour as my car is blue, To a dark red to match the stitching on the wheel and half leather
i still think it looks too bulky on the other hand it may be good once it painted

any comments welcome (boysie. a pic of the 2 gauges i have spareoil pressure and temp)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Looks like a damn fine job to me Flash.
I agree that 'body colour' for the pod would be good.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
That's a bloody fine job flash.

Nicely visible, at a glance.

I never considered oil temp, so I might take that one up as well.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well ive had this hanging on the wall in my workshop for ages after a major clearout (15 large black rubble sacks) i have decided to look at this again, finally decided its too bulky.............
Time for a redesign i have removed the pod and it was well bonded so wasnt easy, taken 20mm off the hight of the sides and a fraction more across the back, dropped the front/gauges into the lid, cut out a section at the front, reduced the bitthat wascut out and plastic welded it back in place at a lower point, clamped and bonded the new section to the pod and plastic welded some side pieces in

Just got to sand it all to shape and smooth it out and no doubt more welding an flaffing about

pics to follow.......................

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Be interesting to see them, are you going to spray it body colour this time?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure on colour yet, body colour maybe, silver/gray or black but i want to do the other trim parts too
i was thinking cayenne red as a contrast to the body colour (intence blue) as theres red in the cloth trim iirc but im unsure

just waiting for some bridger to cure (epoxy/poly fibre filler stuff)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Matching the surrounding dash/trim would look classy and OEM IMHO.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry tommy i didnt see your post - nope all the gauges are electric (stepper motor) theres 8-10 wires and thay can be run down the wide hinge with a bit of routing

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
think this will be mk12 no where near finish but its not so bulky as the mk9-11, got to work a few bits out but nothing too major

Mk5 grill mod this has had a major rework cut out all what i did before and plastic welded 20 odd sections not complete its in its raw state with a ton more thatneeds doing

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do you think anything else needs tweeking ??

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I think it's difficult to tell in its 'au naturel' colour, but I don't think so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts