Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2008 Tekna 1.6 which has a blown heater motor - cold and steamed up windows making driving unpleasant this week. My local Nissan in Bishops Stortford want £750 to supply and install this - I have heard it's a real pain to replace involving lowering the steering wheel - which seems daft to pay. Does anyone know of a garage that would be able to replace the blower motor if I supply the part (sourced for £156) in the Hertfordshire area?

·
Registered
244 Posts
A few things you may not be aware of.

If you pay £156 for a motor and get a 3rd party garage to fit it and it then proves faulty they will still be legally within their rights to charge you for the fitting of the motor.

If you then want them to remove the motor to return it they will be legally within their rights to charge you to remove it.

If the motor you buy has a guarantee they should replace it with another but its unlikely they will be liable for the fitting and removal costs since they would have no control over what your 3rd party garage do.

You could take them to court but even if you won a case there would be no guarantee you would get a penny and you would still be liable for any costs.

Or you could simply get a garage to supply and fit a motor and in this case the garage would be legally liable for any problems.

Are you feeling lucky?

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
95 Posts

If you pay £156 for a motor and get a 3rd party garage to fit it and it then proves faulty they will still be legally within their rights to charge you for the fitting of the motor.

If you then want them to remove the motor to return it they will be legally within their rights to charge you to remove it.

If the motor you buy has a guarantee they should replace it with another but its unlikely they will be liable for the fitting and removal costs since they would have no control over what your 3rd party garage do.

You could take them to court but even if you won a case there would be no guarantee you would get a penny and you would still be liable for any costs.

Or you could simply get a garage to supply and fit a motor and in this case the garage would be legally liable for any problems.

Are you feeling lucky?

Are you feeling lucky?
Wow your cheerfull this morning lol, OR simply get the garage to test the motors ok I.E.working before they fit it

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow your cheerfull this morning lol, OR simply get the garage to test the motors ok I.E.working before they fit it
Just making the OP aware of the issues.

And even if the motor was working before being fitted any later issues would still require the OP to pay for removal of the part. The fitter will not be giving any warranty on a part they have not supplied.

Be aware this also applies to new parts owners supply themselves to save a couple of quid. Some have been badly bitten when faulty new parts have landed them with large labour bills.

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
95 Posts
Hi, I have a 2008 Tekna 1.6 which has a blown heater motor - cold and steamed up windows making driving unpleasant this week. My local Nissan in Bishops Stortford want £750 to supply and install this - I have heard it's a real pain to replace involving lowering the steering wheel - which seems daft to pay. Does anyone know of a garage that would be able to replace the blower motor if I supply the part (sourced for £156) in the Hertfordshire area?
Seems very expensive looking on ebay valeo motors are bout £70..!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Are you feeling lucky?
Thanks for explaining this but I am quite aware of this situation. It's more about finding a garage that will be a lot cheaper than Nissan to do the fitting, and accepting that there is no liability from then over for the work. Definitely feeling lucky if I can save £100's

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just making the OP aware of the issues.

And even if the motor was working before being fitted any later issues would still require the OP to pay for removal of the part. The fitter will not be giving any warranty on a part they have not supplied.

Be aware this also applies to new parts owners supply themselves to save a couple of quid. Some have been badly bitten when faulty new parts have landed them with large labour bills.
Thanks. That does make sense 👍8

1 - 7 of 7 Posts