Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting one this, I mentioned G3 in my very first posting and most people mentioned g3 farecla, which is totally different.

A Nissan dealer will provide the tempting offer at a bargain £150

G3 glasscoat, aka supaguard etc is a high tech coating that is put over your car andon the upholstery etc, in order to preserve the paintwork and seats, with a guarantee of 5 years it looks very promising, I've spoken to one of the G3 people and "pride" about the product is very obvious, in reality the car gets taken into the dealers work shop and is treated, the bad news if a car has been sat on the forecourt for a month and is then degreased for prep are blemishes (etched bird crap, scratches, dried water marks and marks on seat etc) dealt with prior to treatment?, officially yes says the guy at G3, "any blemishes should be removed before coating", some dried water marks, a few small surface scratches and bird crap etches can all be seen below the professionally installed coating), as for the longevity of the coating can anyone within the automotive industry tell me that in 4 years time I will be able to tell the difference between a G3's car and a normal one just polished normally ?.

While on this subject can anyone please tell me if Autoglyms SRP and a lot of rubbing would get rid of the etchings ?.

Is it money well spent ?. £150 would buy alot of decent polish and at least you'd be able to treat blemishes that were'nt coated
Edited by: nonotedriver

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a decent clean and a coat of polish every 6 months does me i gave mine a coat of megs gold wax after i washed and clayed it when i first got it
Ineed to give it a clean soon what normally takes me 2 days to do it properly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bet you did'nt get any etched in bird crap or other blemishes nicely sandwiched under the expensive fancy coating

Moral of the story, as vindicated by Flash22 do it the normal wayand save ALOT of money

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have this on my car and I paid £70 for it. I only got it because I once parked at heathrow for a couple of weeks and when i returned a bird had turned itself inside out on my bonnet, caused a huge amount of damage. I'm sure that this stuff would not be able to withstand that but I have it for my own piece of mind, something better than nothing. but as others have said a good coat of polish etc will do the same and if you have the time is very satisfying.

on a side note, a few days ago a couple of asbos kicked a dirty ball at the side of the car and caused hundreds of little scratches, nothing will protect from that but using zymol cleaner wax I have been able to get most of them out so that you cant see them, but i know they are there....kids!!

G3, would I have it again. unlikely and certainly not for £150. The picture I have put up is the car a couple of days after I got it.

craigfishin does a paint correction and detail for £150 and that seems like money well spent.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The link that you posted last time says that G3 glasscoat is only £10 a bottle, so you could have saved £140 by applying it yourself.

I had my last car coated with whatever was vogue 9 years ago, and the upolstery scotchguarded. (Same sort of price IRRR)
The bodywork was initially shiny, but soon went the way of all miracle shine products. The interior probably resisted staining, but I never spilled anything nasty, (unlike one of my friends who once had an accident with a milk carton: the smell never went away).

You already paid for it to be done, so just enjoy the shine whilst it lasts.

Best advice I can offer is always admire the car from six feet away

·
Registered
52 Posts
mnl said:
Best advice I can offer is always admire the car from six feet away

My neighbours taxi has the most 50 ft paint job I have ever seen, painted with a fork and knife i think....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts