Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi note fans, can anyone help me??? my 1.4 note cuts out as i slow down and have been told that it will be a fuel problem, ie, blocked breather or filter, but i've been informed that they have no external fuel filters???? So where is it??? ps its a 2007 model.
thankyou

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I doubt it's a fuel problem as the injectors don't pulse when slowing down. Does the engine light come on? The fuel filter is in the pump body on top of the fuel tank underneath the rear seat, shouldn't need looking at.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
as above if it was a fuel problem it would cause it to cought and splutter
i would check the air filter and clean the mass airflow meter (maf) to start with, but it could be a number of other things

Does the car idle ok when cold and warm ??

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I've known crankshaft sensors give this fault also, if the engine light comes it needs the code read to get close to the fault.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yep thats the one,other causes are the ICV, cam sensor, TPS, knock sensor and the CTS (well known fault for not throwing up fault codes)
It could even be a plug braking down under load esp is you loading the engine on a down change

yep the fuel filter is on the pump and is a lifetime filter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input, the engine light does'nt come on at all and it does it either cold or hot. will take it to garage and get it plugged in to the laptop to try and check the fault codes.thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Thanks for the help, I've already changed the air filter and the contacts on the flow meter but have'nt took it out to see if it is dirty. it idles ok the all of a sudden it misses, cold or hot.
regards.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I wouldn't think it was the MAF sensor, looks like it could be a coil pack starting to fail, easy to change though.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i had a similar problem years ago and it was the base idle setting that was too low, only found when took into the dealers and tested with the computer, early days of computer controlled fuel systems, im sure it wont be this but thought i would throw another possible choice into the pot :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts