Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I encountered a weird problem with my wife's Note 1.4 today.

The car was filled with petrol yesterday, yet when I came to use the car today the gauge only read just under half full. However, as I drove along the gauge gradually crept up; after about 20 minutes it had reached full.

Hopefully it was just a one-off anomaly, but it would be useful to know if it is a known fault. Has anyone else encountered anything like this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thanks, I did try searching for a similar problem but somehow missed your earlier post.

Like you, I'm not sure if it can just be a sticking float because, even though the fuel gauge is now reading full, the Range display is still on 60 miles (the reading it was giving before I filled up). Very strange.

Is your fuel gauge still misbehaving or has the problem gone away?

·
Registered
16 Posts
As I wrote, when it happened, I filled up my tank from half to full.

It happened only 2 times in the past. And I did not pull out the key, because my husband was in the car. Maybe it was the reason? (not my husband, but the key).

Since it happened, I allways filled up the tank when it was nearly empty. And I pulled allways the key out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had a similar issue on my V6 Mazda Bongo. I cleaned the contacts on the fuel pump, cleaned & secured the earth and it sorted my problem

Izzy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts