Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi I have had my note since tuesday and whilst driving the fuel flap has opened twice....anyone else had same prob and any tips to rectify please ....thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
take it back to where you got it from (if a dealer)- the flap is connected via a cable ( the release handle/tab is by the drivers right leg)
so not to much can go wrong tbh 1. the cable has gone stiff and needs oiling or replacingor 2. the petrol flap has been forced/broken

·
Registered
60 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
you're lucky...every time my wife goes to fill the car she has to shut the bonnet 3 times

Haha - I did that the first time I went to fill up

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I still do it.
Intellectually, I know that the fuel release has a dent in it, in reality I remember this as I hear the bonnet pop open

Why Nissan couldn't put the release in the proper place I don't know.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
And the bonnet goes up with such a 'clunk' that,as you can't hide,each time that I do it by mistake, I just open the bonnet and check the oil whilst on the forecourt

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I keep pulling the fuel flap release, and what I really want is the bonnet to open.

I hope the position of these releases, have been changed on the 'new Note'.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Good advice, you should always let a bonnet shut under its own weight from about 8". Make sure that you aren't getting your coat or tie caught in it though

Did the drop from a foot thing on a V12 Jag once after checking the oil, and a lump appeared in the bonnet, as the dipstick wasn't fully in

Edited by: mnl

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
.....had a similar experience with a Mk3 Cortina. My mate was helping me fit some uprated springs and adjustable dampers on the front, but the bolts had seized in the damper mountings. So we jacked the engine up, to drop out the cross member/subframe, to drill out the bolts.

Dragged the cross member into the garage, and my mate dropped the bonnet as it started to rain. The result was a neat power bulge.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
on the facelift the fuel flap release has a half moon cutout in it, i did pop the bonnet the otherday by mistake to "check the oil"
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 21 yearold Honda's bonnet was quite heavy and when lowered would shut with a realclunk. I seem to remember during its lifetime some cars fitted with earlyairbags would 'fire off' when the bonnet was dropped shut! Any one here remember that episode?

Ray

1 - 13 of 13 Posts