Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these supposed to be for?

First wisp of mist today, and all the thoughtless idiots are driving with the rear blinding lights on.

Resisting the urge to smash smash smash smash into the back of the car in front to get some relief from the glare, I turned off and went up the lanes.

It occurred to me that if I could remember where the headlamp adjuster was, I could lower the dip beams to give less glare, but I couldn't find the control in the dark

I then remembered that I have a tekna, with the expensive lamps under the bumper, and I know how to make them work
, as they were on for about a month after I bought the car before I noticed
I wondered if they were fog lamps, so I turned them on, and I swear there was a little bit more light at the front. Certainly no point adding to the splodge in front using them ad headlights.
So I turned the headlights off, and they don't provide enough light to be any use.

In The Olden Days we used to have a fog and a spot lamp, the fog produced a wide flat beam to pick out the kerb, and the spot lit up in front.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i think i have only used foglights a max of 2/3 times in 10 years,It was quite thick fog here this morning the amount of dark and silver cars driving around with no lights on was silly, so i took it easy and kept my distance
One of my pet hates is people who drive with there fogs on all the time, all year round

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I did use some yellow liquid, that put a temporary transparent film over the spots a few years ago, on my old Nissan. Blowed if I can remember what it was though.......but it worked quite well in fog.

Many years ago, I was following some wag, who had 3 red Wipac fog lights bolted to his bumper. They weren't that bright, but still bl**dy annoying, with all their wobbling about on a dodgy bumper.

At the first opportunity, when he stopped......I jumped out my car(Ford Corsair), and tapped on his window to turn the things off.
^$5"+**)(!!¬¦¦_-~~##..........came the reply. So I casually walked back to my motor, and give those poxy lights a light tap with my size 11's. They shone quite nicely under his car.

Fog lights in the rain are worse......... hate the things.

PS. Who remembers Wipac.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do

Rear blinding lights are one of my pet hates. I can only think of one circumstance (thick fog on a deserted motorway) when their use could actually help a following driver (travelling massively in excess of a safe speed for the conditions) to detect a vehicle.

Because of something that occurs 0.000000000001% of the time, I get subjected to massive glare, not notice pedestrians and cyclists and drive on the verge of road rage all the way to and from work, usually for the 6 weeks following a morning mist.

For goodness sake, if I can manage not to run into one of the unlit vehicles strewn all over the road, I can surely manage not to run into one that is moving at the same speed as me, and has side lights on

Edited by: mnl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts