Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 2008 needs new front subframe bushes, but Nissan only want to sell the whole subframe at about £290 + VAT. :surprise: With labour, this is going to cost a fortune.

There are companies on Ebay who sell bushes for the job ................. anyone any experience of using these aftermarket bushes? Would save me a whole lot of money!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
There are a couple of youtube videos on changing them,

I don't recall anyone changing them themselves though, but I'd have a go to save that sort of money.

Check for rust first, Nissan have always been good at making subframes that rust, ask an early Micra owner, if it is rusty, you might as well get the whole thing as weld patches on it.

·
Super Moderator
2,069 Posts
My Nissan dealer fitted after market bushes(yes they did), Cost about £80, plus fitting. I asked them to replace them all, not only the rubbished ones. Also had the roll bar link replaced(Nissan part).cost£18.

Can't give you the labour costs, as it wasn't itemised per item. Parts in total £175, with £280 labour. I had other small issues fixed, so hence the labour costs.

Harder rubber and a bit more road noise, but seems to handle better......Great.!

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Any independent garage worth their salt will source better and cheaper bushes than a Nissan stealer, and fit them at a lower cost.
Ever watch "Ed China" change bushes, a socket, length of studding and a flat plate, simple :wink:.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are a couple of youtube videos on changing them,

I don't recall anyone changing them themselves though, but I'd have a go to save that sort of money.

Check for rust first, Nissan have always been good at making subframes that rust, ask an early Micra owner, if it is rusty, you might as well get the whole thing as weld patches on it.
Hey this is well worth a refresh bump - It looks like the Versa is a slightly larger version of the Note and what a game changer this is rather than have a new subframe.

These inputs are what dedicated forums and threads are all about. Thanks so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts