Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered a zillion times but I need your opinion folks. I'm thinking of selling the note this year and yes,my driver's seat has the problem so should I sell the car as it is or should I invest in a new seat? Will I get an extra £100 or so from the sale with a new seat (the rest of the car is in good shape) or will it be a dead investment?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Dead money.

Lose the £1-200 as a new seat in acceptable condition, will cost you far more.

If you want a chuckle, Nissan want £890 for a new seat bolster (not a complete seat just the lower part cover).

Mine tore and the local car trimmer (a friend of a friend) would even touch it for a repair as the 'leatherette' was of such poor quality.

I sold it with the tear in place.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mine tore and the local car trimmer (a friend of a friend) would even touch it for a repair as the 'leatherette' was of such poor quality.
Did you know that Mini charge about £1200 to replace the standard cloth with what they call "leatherette" upholstery.

Who but a total idiot would pay extra to fit plastic seats. When we changed the wifes car 2 years ago one car she liked had cloth on lower spec cars but on the spec she wanted (climate, cruise etc) they fitted what they called "faux leather", I called it plastic. We ran away laughing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts