Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I have just bought myself a lovely 2010 note 1.6. There is however one little issue with the car, the driver's side switch for the windows doesn't work when I put it into the auto switch however it does work sometimes when I click past the auto and to the manual up and down, also it sometimes doesn't work at all, for both driver and passenger. However, the passengers switch works as it should.

I am guessing that it is the switch that needs replacing. I can be put my hand do a little DIY fixing of cars, is it as simple are one out, and one in. OR could there be another fault? Also are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of.

Thanks, Guys

David

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hi Dave, I'm surprised nobody got back to you with advice in 16 hours, but i guess we were all outside under shade with a cold drink in the 30° heat.
I'd guess like you reckon. If the window motor operates randomly then the switch is the likely culprit. I've not replaced mine, but you wouldn't go far wrong in buying a Haines workshop manual. That gives all the access and replacement details on this issue and others in the future.
Hopefully someone who's changed the switch might just pop up and advise you further.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for getting back to me. I will look into one of those now and get a switch ordered.

I was hiding under a nice bit of shade, now I am baking outside fixing a window switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts