Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a soon-to-be owner of a 2009 Nissan Note and my reading/research has led me to this forum. I must say that while I left the dealership quite excited yesterday, I am now very nervous having read of the tailgate, steering column and suspension issues that seem to plague this particular line of Nissan vehicles

Especially since I am all the way in Jamaica, sourcing the parts for these things may be an issue. But I biting the bullet and pressing forward cuz it seems a perfect fit for my family at this time.

All the "heads-up" and advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hello,I also have a 2009 Note and have had no issues with any the issues that you have highlighted. I think with all these type of issues it depends on the roads you drive (speed bumps) and so on. In 2009 the suspension did change. But I don't know if they corrected some of the issues that you read about on the web. I was thinking the same as you when I got my car this year. Reading all the bad issues about them.
However, remember this... most of the time we humans complain about things and like to do this on forums. We tend not to say how good our cars are. So how many Notes are out on the roads without the issues? You will only read on the web the people that have had issues!!!!

It's a GREAT car. My 4 Nissan. My last one did 140,000 miles with no issues.

Rich

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Only tailgate issue i know about is the rear light and thats a easy fix, problems with the columns are on the prefacelift 06 to early 08 cars, creaking suspension seem to be down to the fronttop mount bearing/swivel
As your in Jamaica your note should be a japanese built and not an UK/EU built Note your more than likely fine the spec of you note will be different to the uk/eu ones

parts wise it would be quicker to get them from the USA or even japan

·
Registered
453 Posts
flash22 said:
Only tailgate issue i know about is the rear light and thats a easy fix, problems with the columns are on the prefacelift 06 to early 08 cars, creaking suspension seem to be down to the fronttop mount bearing/swivel

Good info Flash

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
flash22 said:
As your in Jamaica your note should be a japanese built and not an UK/EU built Note your more than likely fine the spec of you note will be different to the uk/eu ones

parts wise it would be quicker to get them from the USA or even japan

You're right about that; it came from Japan. Im just curious to see how it all pans out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rich Note said:
Hello,I also have a 2009 Note and have had no issues with any the issues that you have highlighted. I think with all these type of issues it depends on the roads you drive (speed bumps) and so on. In 2009 the suspension did change. But I don't know if they corrected some of the issues that you read about on the web. I was thinking the same as you when I got my car this year. Reading all the bad issues about them.
However, remember this... most of the time we humans complain about things and like to do this on forums. We tend not to say how good our cars are. So how many Notes are out on the roads without the issues? You will only read on the web the people that have had issues!!!!

It's a GREAT car. My 4 Nissan. My last one did 140,000 miles with no issues.

Rich

Encouraging indeed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW

Just to let y'all know that I picked up the car last night and I haven't stopped smiling since
. Now this may just be "new car euphoria" but I don't care, I am happy

Each time I step out of the car and look back I have to wonder if I was really just in that car. When you're inside it feels like a full-sized sedan but outside, it looks so small. I like the throttle response and the pick-up of 'sport mode' (mine is auto) especially.

I am just itching to leave work now just so that I can drive it home!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts