Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, isn't there some sort of warning sound that goes off if you've forgotten to switch off the lights! My old car, a very bangered Hyundai made faint beeping sounds when the driver door was opened to alert me to switch off lights. Just wondered if they had this in my Note, it's a 2007 1.6. Just bought it yesterday so still getting used to it. Thank you all.

·
Registered
830 Posts
When i owned a Note, 2009 model, it did have a lights on warning buzzer fitted.
Not sure if it is fitted to your car though, but then if you're using headlights you will know and if only side lights then when you get out and before walking aweay just glance at the lights to see if they are on or nor. Or get into the habit of checking the switch for the lights is on the off position.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
On my 2008, the lights go off when I take the keys out.

I can't remember how to get them to be on if the ignition isn't on, probably if they are switched on when the keys aren't in, they stay on forever, but if they are switched on when going along they go out when I stop.

I generally leave the light switch on in the Winter, as it is dark all the time I am driving, but the battery never goes flat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On my Note E11 2011 1.6 petrol lights out when key is out. However experienced flat battery once even after checking all. One door not good shut and battery draining on interior light? Should have noticed that even. A Note is a little ghost doing things on its own for some reason. Got to tired studying diagrams electrical in haynes manual. Too much stuff. One of these days Sineu and I get a complete list about a Note's merits. It should not be necessary to mod your car because Nissan/Renault fails. This is a general public car not a special industry prototype. I am very good in modding there. But mind you , your insurance might disagree with you after any mishap. Especially on brakes. Make sure you are certified for your own work you perform. It is not old days as were.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts