Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new member.

My wife would like to me to fit new fog lights on the front of her 2009 Visia. (Very basic model) My main dealer told me that although I have the wiring it is not possible because the BCU does not have the capacity. Does anyone now different or has done it. I thought I would just have to change the indicator stalk so that it had the two positions for the fog lamps, otherwise I will have to wire in a relay and use aseparate switch for the front fog lamps.
Hoping someone can advise me, thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
oh dear, my minds elsewhere lol
yes the bcm will need programming, you will need lamps and rings, fuses and relay aswel las the stork, find another dealer and ask again about the programing but speak to the electronics speclist as the mangers usually know bugger all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a 1.6 2009 Note Visia. It's the very basic model, no A/C or anything else. I've been told it will need a new BCM with a bigger capacity, so think I will just wire them in by a relay to a switch with a fuse line. Much simpler and cheaper.

Thank you all for your replies.
Edited by: kevint1

·
Registered
311 Posts
Can I aks whyt do you want to go through the hassle of wiring to the slak etc, as your car is the basic model down where the mirror toggle is , is a great panel that could be fitted with an aftermarket illuminated switch for your fog lights, it close to the fuse box therefore could be wired through that in the appropiate way.Plus it would be far easier than the hassle of stalks etc

·
Registered
181 Posts
With these modern glasshouses, doesn't adding even a l.e.d. upset some management unit and stop the whole caboodle from working?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts