Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any 1 tried this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-folding-Remote-Key-Flip-Case-For-Nissan-Micra-K12-Note-Navara-Qashqai-fob-/200898904032?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item2ec681ffe0

Are they worth going for?

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Can't see the point really, unless you don't possess a key ring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it risky in anyway. Anything that can go wrong with the transponder or any of the electrics.

Is it worth buying and do they last as OEMstandard?

Or is it cheap stuff from china?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Have you looked carefully at the listing?
Unless I'm reading it totally wrongly all you are buying (from China) is a blank key blade (which may or may not fit your locks - even then it needs cutting to your key profile) attached to an EMPTY PLASTIC CASE into which you have to 'transplant' the entire contents of an already working (and paired to your car) key.

Unless you are desperate to have a Vauxhall-style retracting blade type key I really can't see the point

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there was a thread not so long ago HereEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi tani786, I was also curious about changing to a sprung key fob, and there are videos on YouTube that guide you through the procedure, it looks quite easy, but you would still need to cut the blank key, as your own would not fit in the new fob, and there is no guarantee that the key would fit your ignition barrel, and also that the buttons would be perfectly positioned to work properly, so until someone buys one and tries it, we will all just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I changed the main key for a flip fob hardest part was getting the blade cut but any independent key cutter will do it . Wife loves it as does not make a hole in her handbag. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts