Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been nosing over my Note, and had a peek at the front of the radiator. I was amazed at the amount of dead bugs that were stuck to the tubes and gills.

I've just sucked the little bleeders up with my vacuum cleaner(making sure not to touch the radiator structure). The radiator had a very gentle brushing off, with a radiator brush, similar to this one.http://www.radiatorbrush.co.uk/

It don't take much to send the temperature rising.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i have spiders living in my wing mirrors thay take care of the bugs for me

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
flash22 said:

Are they a genuine Nissan accessory, or were they included in the spec.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
In The Olden Days we regularly used the hosepipe on the radiator from inside the engine compartment to wash all the dead things and mud out. Nowadays, the radiator would likely disintegrate if you tried it, and you can't get near it for all the clutter on the inside.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Boysie said:
flash22 said:

Are they a genuine Nissan accessory, or were they included in the spec.
The Nissan Spider is an option only on N-Tec and Tekna models from
2009-2011 so if you want one I suggest you try searching the WEB (sorry
couldn't resist it)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you go for the retro fit option, it's best to get a pair as it saves the one from running across the windscreen to check the off side mirror amd the risk of losing it.

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mnl said:
In The Olden Days we regularly used the hosepipe on the radiator from inside the engine compartment to wash all the dead things and mud out. Nowadays, the radiator would likely disintegrate if you tried it, and you can't get near it for all the clutter on the inside.

Yeah, I remember those days, sadly a long time ago.

As the cooling fan seems to come on all too quickly when sat in traffic. Keeping those rads and intercoolers clear makes sense........but gently does it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts