Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine started to do this at 7pm, fixed by 7.30pm. I had to use a screw driver as it bent my spoon but it worked a treat. Great fix thank you.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
You only have one car-fixing spoon?

My wife, at one stage, had a drawer full

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks.

I've just bought a Note and didn't realise it was doing this until after I've got it home. This is one of a few issues I've since discovered that I'm addressing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks so much for this help the screech as been annoying me for months and I've been waiting until it packed in altogether to make me sort it. So after reading this I went out and tried it it took 5 mins to do it and no more embarrassing screech thankyou but I do need to buy a new kitchen knife as it was the only thing I could find at the time to get down the gap oops lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
I keep getting this with my wife keep slamming passenger door so drilled out hole so I can push the pin back in with my key got a little rubber stopper to fit in hole I drilled out

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this problem with my car. I fixed it in the way shown here, but it kept recurring.

I have fixed it once and for all by stripping off the door card and removing the lock from the door. i then pushed the pin all the way back in . I then cut a small square peice of metal out, about 20mm square. I then used araldite to stick the square piece of metal over the pin to prevent it from working it's way out again. It has been like this now for over a year with no problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixed mine too thanks to all you guys,i would never have had a clue so thank you.
I managed to slide a thin butter knife down and after a few attempts pushed it back in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bloody wonderful, spent an hour last week trying to solve the screech of death!No exaggeration, 2 mins this morning.... done.
The spoon handle worked a treat, and the photo helped immensely just took the advice.... sorted. Ta.
So much great info on here.
Thank you to all

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just fixed mine again, around two years since the last time - I'd forgotten exactly where the pin was and had to reread this thread, but once found it was a simple job, again using a long (and unbent) flat-bladed screwdriver.

So thanks again to everyone here for the advice and instructions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to Neeblammers for his posts on6th October 2013. Had the loud raspingfrom front passenger door of my 2006 Nissan Note when locking and, not veryhopefully, went on line to Google for help. Up came your posts of 5 years ago, first off. Not being very confident in my ability to fix it, but armed withknowledge of the problem, I got a quote from local Nissan dealer - £118.80incl. VAT for diagnosis! Decided have alook for myself, took screwdriver, torch, and miraculously found cycle tyrelever (last seen about 15 years ago), and opened the car door. Unexpectedly clear and straightforward.Excellent instructions, and quick and easy to do.

Thought it wasn't going to work first of all, as the pin wastoo far out for me to get the tyre lever behind it. My wife held the lock back hard with a screwdriver and I managedto get the lever behind it, but it was still very hard to move. I persisted, using all my strength(remembering one of the other posts by someone who had taken of the door panelbut had to use a hammer to get the pin back), and it moved halfway in. A littlemore effort and it went in all the way. No more noise!

That was 4 days ago, and still all quiet. Checked it yesterday and pin was still fullyin. Checked all the other doors while Iwas at it and all ok. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Well done on not lining a Main Stealer's pockets with £118.80 to tell you the bleeding obvious!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is this quite a prone problem especially on the front passenger door lock? Has mine does make a noise when locking the car. So gonna give this trick a go once the weather improves..

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Being this subject is on it's 8th page, thank you for stating the obvious !!! :kiss:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Many thanks to all contributors, especially NEEBLAMMERS for the finding the solution originally! As a mechanical novice I was a bit worried about taking a screwdriver to a car door but this is as straightforward as it sounds (helped in a big way by the great instructions) and my Note's driver door no longer screams in pain when locked! I took out 2 of the screws completely (the upper screw and lower screw nearest the seats), and just loosened off the remain screw - this was sufficient to get enough movement on the locking unit to then use a small flat-headed screw driver to push in the troublesome pin and push it back in. My local garage had suggested I buy a second hand replacement locking motor and pay them £100 to dismantle the door to fit - so I'm a very happy bunny :)

·
Registered
2 Posts

This is a photo of my wife's 08 Qashqai passenger door.

Be careful when drilling the hole not to punch through and hit the lock itself. TAKE IT EASY! Use tape to prevent drill bit skidding.

If you've drilled in the right place you'll be able to easily see the displaced pin to the left of the hole (Don't be tempted to drill the hole further to the left or you may damage the pin itself).

I used the long end of an allen key to push the pin back into place. It takes a firm push but that's all there is to it.

Now I just need a rubber grommet to tidy up the hole.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
The forum software will not allow you to post images until you have 10 or more posts.

So, here you go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
NEEBLAMMERS, you're a f%&*ing star!:grin:
I've had my beasty since January and it's made the "screech of death" from day one.
Was told by the garage I bought it from that they'd looked at it and it would need a new lock assembly to sort it.
But, having seen your thread this morning, when it came up as an "unread post" I thought I'd take a look and see if it was the same as my noise.
10 minutes later I'm attacking the car with an old screwdriver and an even older spoon!
Took a bit of shoving, but works a treat!
Can't thank you enough, now, just need the discs sorted and she's a goodun! :wink:

61 - 80 of 89 Posts