Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
just got round today to do the remote locking. Followed your instructions took me 10mins and the remote locking is nice and quiet now.
Thanks neeblammers you,'ve been really helpful.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sorted both doors on front,no noise gotta check if locked now lol. Thanks guys great help as usual
Edited by: Sefton666

·
Registered
75 Posts
Like magic!
Used a Sundae spoon like wot us Southern folk have, just had to give it a little bend.
First off, it wouldnt push in, operated keyfob lock / unlock whilst pushing on pin, and there it was GONE!
Sundae spoon =

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Ooop north we don't have sundae spoons, ours have to be used all week long ˜„

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Nissan part number is A-T34-5P00N

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many thanks to all you wonderful people who have posted on issue. I began experiencing a mild buzz on the passenger front door. Didn't have a clue what this could be other than lots of money being spent. Luckily found this thread and decided to have a go.
I found that no special tools were required to push the pin in. I easily managed to get a medium sized flat screwdriver and push it back in. It helps if you move the lock towards the outer door panel once the three screws are removed of course. This creates extra space to get the screwdriver in. I should have taken a "before" picture to post but in my eagerness I sorted it in less than 15mins. However the picture taken by Athers99 is exactly what I saw.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. I had the problem on the front passenger door but was able - after a bit of fumbling - to fix it. I used a long flat-head screwdriver rather than a bent spoon or other tool, and actually managed to push the pin home without realising that I'd done so: I was half expecting a locating click or similar but that didn't happen, and it was only when I withdrew the driver, took another look and could no longer see the pin that I understood it had worked.

No more screech of death! Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have done this fix a couple of times and it kept working loose again. I fixed it by using a bit of araldite and a small 1" square piece cut from an old credit card to hold the pin in place. If you undo the screws you can lift the mechanism high enough to do this. Been fine now for over 6 months.......touch wood!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noisey door locks nissan note .
there is a small pin that comes out of the lock ,
if you loosen the three door lock screws ,and look down the lock towards the ground you will see the pin sticking out ,just underneath the catch inside the door if you have the door shut it faces towards the seats, you need to push the pin in with a small screwdriver ,and that should do the trick ,
mark.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Its all on the first page if you would like to read it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for this fix. I picked up a 2009 note yesterday with a noisy drivers door and fixed it in around 5 minutes with the help of this forum. Many thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Almost exactly six months on from my fixing this - and thanks again to everyone who posted the solution - the noise suddenly returned. This morning I carried out the repair, using a long flat-bladed screwdriver, as before: a little fiddly, but I found the first time that I didn't need an angled tool - the hard part was moving the lock enough to get the pin visible, not subsequently reaching it. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts this time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bert Coules said:
Almost exactly six months on from my fixing this - and thanks again to everyone who posted the solution - the noise suddenly returned. This morning I carried out the repair, using a long flat-bladed screwdriver, as before: a little fiddly, but I found the first time that I didn't need an angled tool - the hard part was moving the lock enough to get the pin visible, not subsequently reaching it. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts this time.

Did the same way as you in June 2015 didn't need angled tool just lowered the lock to position so I can see the pin clearly. pushed it back and it's working fine since, over 6 months now.

cheers.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
What does the pin actually do, if you took it out, what would happen? It's advised to glue it back in, was it fitted using glue from new?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks, followed the instructions and it's worked- suppose it will work loose again eventually though. Thought about a drop of thread lock on the pin but wouldn't want to cause other problems.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Nissan use the same lock mech front and rear as its originally designed for the rear it has a child lock pin that is not used<div abp="1666">
<div abp="1667">overtime this works loose, jamming the lock, if you remove it, it actually holds part of the assembly in place so it will fall apart with out it

41 - 60 of 89 Posts