Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to fit reversing sensors to wife's Note. Looking up from underneath the plastic bumper seems to have a metal structure right behind it restricting access. Do you have to remove bumper to drill and fit the sensors on a Note? On previous cars you could see up behind plastic bumper and easy job to drill, fit and wire up sensors.Peter

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Best plan is to remove the plastic outer skin. Others report that it is marked on the inside for the sensors, and then you can make sure that there is the required internal space.

It needs two people, as you don't want to scratch it, but is only a matter of undoing screws and trim clips.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if your taking the bumper off it a good idea to put a cotton dust sheet or a lump of old carpet down as you dont wanna scratch the bumper, there should be marking on the inside for the sensor holes

iirc there should be a grommit to get the wiring inside the car too
Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
114 Posts
peter hurst said:
... Looking up from underneath the plastic bumper seems to have a metal structure right behind it restricting access...
The Sensor if the photo is visible place, will not be a problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply. As I thought the bumper will have to come off. Yes will put down a blanket to save scatching it.Peter

·
Registered
114 Posts
peter hurst said:
Thanks for reply...
The bumper can not be removed. If you drill visible in the photo, there is an empty space, which can drag a piece of hard wire. The four wire to from the reversing sensor be put in the car. A rubber plug to be removed, which can be seen from the inside. But it should be removed before the back cover (pulling up) and right-side cover (two screws to be removed and the hook).
Removing the hook: pull out the center first, then the hook comes out. Nothing should be forced, because it is broken, and very expensive to replace.
When finished, the silicone rubber plug to be pressed over the hole next to the new wiring.

Come to think: Before drilling the approximate location of the sensor, must be bonded to a bumper strip, and to draw out the exact location. If the hole is ready, you have to take, so you do not scratch the bumper.
Edited by: Papo

·
Registered
311 Posts
I put the Sensors in the bumper strip equally spaced, the out ones are easy to position and find the wires, the centre ones proved alittle bit more awkward but as Papo suggestsuse green garden thick wire which is pvc coated and wont damage the paint work of your car, however Iremoved the interior plastic lock cover and some of the interior plastic covers, to route the wiring.
All in all it was about a four hour job and looked great on my dads mobility car!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Shindig said:
... Just curious....
Only the OEM kit will be little. Be sure to be some understanding, and courage. Those who did not do such a thing, but rather by a qualified professional.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Shindig come down to yorkshire and i could fit and paint the and provide them for you car for as little as £100 installed, I guarantee theyll look as good as a factory fitMike
Well the Dealer who took the car back at the end of the three motobility wanted to know who fitted them as it was a top mark job and they dont have anyone who does it as well.
But i do fit printers stairlifts , mowers electrial and petrol Rc cars and boats etc

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
cobra do nice compact kits, i have fitted them in the past, i use todo alarms as well but with all this new canbus it makes things a pain to install
i see a brand new merc a few days ago and it had one of those jml reversekits around the number plate lol

·
Registered
311 Posts
the Sensors i fitted to my fathers Note were connected to the reversing lights thus making it very easy and as soon as you engage reverse they workMike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts