Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted rear parking sensors to their Note ?

If so how difficult was it ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
There's a member on here who has, but I'm certain it was a professional supply installation. He appears very pleased witht the result, think it was about £130. I'll try and dig out the thread....

Edited by: Shindig

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here you go. Not sure if it's what you wanted or if you're after a DIY How To

http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/rear-park-sensors_topic190.html?KW=reverse+sensor

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I intend to fit some myself and I wanted to know if the bumpers had any steel behind it.I have a towbar fitted so the expanded foam insert has been removed.

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
the job of fiting rear sensors is easy i put the sensors in the bumper and ran the wires from the rear of the bumper into the lower boot the hole is in the boot side (1/2 hour to fit

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I've got a kit to fit as well.
Looking at other cars, the correct height will put them in the middle of the bumpery bulge.
When I get a round tuit* I will take the skin off the bumper and see what is behind it, rather than cut a hole and find I can't push the sensors in.
I intended to fit the squeaker and controller in the boot, and jumper a reversing lamp for the power.
I got the £15 Maplin kit, then spotted £19 kits on eBay with wireless distance meters and colourcoded sensors, so I might get one of those too.
WhenI get the afore mentioned round tuit, I'm junking the Nissan radio and fitting my Sony, then filling the other half of the hole with a clock that I can see and a small cubby, ideal for the wireless display.
(most kits come with the correct sized hole saw, so they are fairly easy to fit once you work up the courage to wreck £500 worth of bumper. The Maplin kit has stick on sensors as well as permanent ones, so you can test out the placement before you cut any holes)

*A round tuit is a small plate that you used to see at seaside gift shops. When I get one, there are a great many jobs that I will do

Edited by: mnl

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc if you take the bumper off the oem places are marked for the sensors

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
iirc = if I recall correctly

others

imho = in my honest opinion
tbh = to be honest
rtfm = read the f'ing manual

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
flash22 said:
iirc if you take the bumper off the oem places are marked for the sensors
Half wondered that, another reason to take the skin off to investigate.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey there, if you want a pro job at little cost and colour coded to suit yourcar. sensors included in the price come up to me in East Yorkshire just off junction37 M62 and Ill fit them to your car all in £100#Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts