Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning every, David here from the West Midlands. do we have a membercars thread?

March 06' Nissan Note 1.6 SVE, hopefully serves us as a good little family car. Coming from a Peugeot 206 1.4i, this drives really nice and smooth. Massive spec to what we're use to. No suspension knocks or damp carpets, so it might be a good one. Im awaiting an email from Nissan UK re the warranty & recall history. Lady owner since 08' full dealer service history (least the parts used are quality) 60k, 2 previous owners. Only things are it'll want 2 tyres come the winter and the A/C doesn't cut in fuse ok, fingers crossed its not the compressor itself.

Paintwork is very decent, so a good starting point from which to work. Is in great need of de-taring and claying mind, how do you get tar spots on the roof? lol Previous owners husband offer'd he'd wash it for us prior to collection, i said please dont haha.

Quick once over yesterday morning:

Billberry wheel clean 5.1
VP Citrus prewash 10.1

Daisy APC 10.1 the door rubbers/handles, headlamps, grille & black trim

Car shampoo through hose foam spray bottle and left to dwell

Rinsed

Fairy liquid used as car shampoo to remove any old polish/wax.

Rinsed

Dryed using MF clothes

AG SRP

CG new look trim gel

AS highstyle

Nilco window cleaner

Interior and engine bay to do today, engine bay has lots of lovely plastic trim - YEAH!!!

davidEdited by: davey_83

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very nice Dave, cheapest place I found for 16" tyres was mytyres.Co.Uk paid 50ea for some Nankang green sports lasting longer than the conts I used to have, done 10k on the front and still 6mm left.

Brian

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I also live in the West Midlands, and mine looked like it had been tarmaced when I came to polish off the white gouges caused by kissing the hedge. Took a good going over with white spirit to shift it too.

Always best to give 'em a good clean and polish at first purchase whilst you still feel enthusiastic.

I am surprised by how small they are in the back considering the enormous wheelbase and how awkward they are to park. When I had the Corsa-C I could just get my mountain 'bike in the back with the passenger seat full forwards and tilted slightly, now I can just get my mountain 'bike in the back of the Note with the passenger seat fully forwards and tilted slightly, which is annoying, as the note seat needs a lot of twirling on the seat adjuster to tilt forwards.

BTW, not a good idea using fairy liquid, it is 99% salt nowadays, if you want it degreased use pre-paint or similar.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mine needs doing but I would skip the washing up liquid as it removes to much wax and can damage the paint
a good soak in snow foam does the trick - then clay the body

im no way a pro but I do like a clean car

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh the washing up liquid was only used this time to help breakdown any old polish/wax from the previous owners. how could it damage the paint work flash22?

david

·
Registered
31 Posts
lovely job but but as flash22 mentions, washing up liquid damages the paintwork if used cleaning cars, i work in a college and was told by a lecturer it can damage paintwork . After all you wouldn't wash your pots in car shampoo. What is snow foam??.
Edited by: zedgienedgie

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
davey_83 said:
yeh the washing up liquid was only used this time to help break down any old polish/wax from the previous owners.

its a one time thing for sure

youtube snowfoam, its ok in terms of a wash process however i prefer a decent wax safepre wash

david

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mine gets snow foam 2 times a year the rest of the time its either autoglym (the super resin has a bit to much filler for liking) or meg's
craigfishin is our resident pro detailer

you can go silly detailing - gold buckets, RO water, reflectometer'sand paint/glass polishing within microns then wax costing thousands of pounds

·
Registered
276 Posts
flash22 said:
you can go silly detailing - gold buckets, RO water, reflectometer'sand paint/glass polishing within microns then wax costing thousands of pounds

But if you're actually going to use the car (as opposed to just keeping it in the garage 24/7/365) I just don't see the point

·
Registered
31 Posts
how good is that snow foam. I have a karcher but haven't seen the connector part for the snow foam or the snow foam liquid . I presume you can buy one from a certain well known shop that sells car accessories?. Thanks.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GeorgeP56 said:
flash22 said:

But if you're actually going to use the car (as opposed to just keeping it in the garage 24/7/365) I just don't see the point

hhmmmmm you know prior to a house party, you give the house a good once over right............ even though you know the place will get trashed and you'll have to clean it up all over again. kinda the same with car cleaning *for me anyways.

not now but when i lived with my folks the GTi got washed twice a week, and on a random weekend id spend 4-5hrs on a mini detail. before i have taken the bumpers off, cleaned behind and refit. won the almera owners club show & shine trophy @ JAE a couples years back and came joint second for the following 2 years.

*if you're into light modifications

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't deny that looks good - very good in fact - but in my experience on the rare occasions that my car gets cleaned I then end up following a truck from one of the local stone quarries and within minutes I've got the wipers and screenwash going flat out just to see the truck in front!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts