Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We bought a 1.4 2012 62 plate (less than 1 year old) Acenta with 5900 on the clock in Haptic Blue from Pentagona couple of weeks ago.
It has leather trim and cruise control etc.

Sorryforlack of photos.

We really like the car - It has many plus points so don't get me wrong in that I'm just posting negatives below.
But I thought I'd share my first negative experiences and seek advice seeing this isthenewest car we have ever owned and I have high expectations :)

We previously owned a knackered 2001 vw 1.4 polo whose gearbox was on its way out and requires a degree of force to move thegear stickinto gears.

ObviouslyI can go straight to a Nissan dealer and ask them to have a look under warranty but was interested what owners think? Esp anyone else with this model

1) Driving Issues esp as it's still under warranty:
<ul>[*]Pick up in second gear can feel a bit unresponsive. Moving from first to second can feel like you are loosing power. Like you have changed into third by accident. It feels like the revs drop very quickly during the change and you then have to work to get them up again.[/list]

<ul>[*]I feel like gear changes could be smoother. They are smoother than our polo but that is not hard! I have also not been able to get into reverse twice (It just hasn't been there and I have had to go back into first, move slightly and then can find reverse).We did try a honda jazz beforesettlingonthenote and the gear change was so fluid. Maybe too fluid........ I did also try a 2012 corsa at the dealer as a comparison and have to admit the gear change felt very similar to the note so left happy...what do other ownersthink about their gearboxes?[/list]
<ul>[*]We also notice the steering wheelsqueaksslightly like something is rubbing, whenturning, but I've not tried adjusting yet.[/list]

2)Usability
<ul>[*]Is there a way to shut the electric windows after you remove the key? You could hard turn the key into the drivers door on our polo to lock doors and shut electric windows and sunroof..... Kids always open windows and I forget to check before turning off the engine.[/list]Cheersfor any advice and apologies fortheOCD :)

tan99

Edited by: n99

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I'm working on the window problem it's just been too hot lately to fit the module

The other issues, take it back to the dealer but I would check that the mat hasn't ridden up under the clutch pedal

·
Registered
114 Posts
n99 said:
... Is there a way to shut the electric windows after you remove the key? ...
Interesting, but my car (01.2012) do not work in windows, when remove the key.

If in there is a key, will disable the other three windows (right front and two rear). There is a switch block beside the window seat (front left) process. That is front a single switch, with this you can disable the other windows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts